Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Explosion at the Ingram Collection in NC

The Pushrod GTs were supers. I think the first S90 GTs were T5 coupes. A friend owned 84922 the next to last 58 which had some Carrera hallmarks. Also, IMHO, the best unrestored 59 Alu GT that I have ever seen was out of Ohio. Silver/Black. Used as a street car. Original right down to the pickle forks and spare. It even has an ashtray.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    The Pushrod GTs were supers. I think the first S90 GTs were T5 coupes. A friend owned 84922 the next to last 58 which had some Carrera hallmarks. Also, IMHO, the best unrestored 59 Alu GT that I have ever seen was out of Ohio. Silver/Black. Used as a street car. Original right down to the pickle forks and spare. It even has an ashtray.
    You are right regarding the 1600 Supers; I meant that when I typed S90. The 1959’s were special though. All of the bodies were built for the Carerra motor and GT spec. Other years might have had some GT options.

So sad to see this.
    Hagerty has their work cut out.

My old 69S is currently getting a repaint at RS, luckily a different facility.

These folks are very good for Porsche as a brand and are a very open group for the local Porsche enthusiasts in the Triangle.

Thankfully human losses were limited but thoughts with their loved ones
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    . . . reminds me of the Corvette collection that fell into a sinkhole . . .

I was thinking of this one . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...sacramento+rsr

. . . + this . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post557984

Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes

Sadly the death wasn’t necessary:

“The shop’s owner, Kong Lee, was still inside the building on North Duke Street when it was leveled by the blast, killing the 61-year-old man. Officials said that a firefighter told Lee to get out and he would not leave the building. The firefighter was on the way to get a police officer to assist when the building exploded.”

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    I was thinking of this one . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...sacramento+rsr

. . . + this . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post557984

The RSR was the loss of the most original car.

I have little doubt those Speedsters are back on the road looking perfect.

Which Reminds Me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    . . . I have little doubt those Speedsters are back on the road looking perfect . . .
    . . . as seen at the 2019 Phoenix Show . . .

. . . just add your VIN

Attached Images Attached Images     

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Sadly the death wasn’t necessary:

“The shop’s owner, Kong Lee, was still inside the building on North Duke Street when it was leveled by the blast, killing the 61-year-old man. Officials said that a firefighter told Lee to get out and he would not leave the building. The firefighter was on the way to get a police officer to assist when the building exploded.”
    Just read this. So, so sad.

Either the smartest one in the room or a victim of “Everest Effect” (‘96 deaths of 8 climbers who vastly underestimated the reality of their situation.)

He leaves behind kids who dearly loved him and are apparently much smarter than he was.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc11.c...rward/5244630/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Just read this. So, so sad.

Either the smartest one in the room or a victim of “Everest Effect” (‘96 deaths of 8 climbers who vastly underestimated the reality of their situation.)

He leaves behind kids who dearly loved him and are apparently much smarter than he was.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc11.c...rward/5244630/
    It’s tragic to take the risk that the consequences are really felt by your family.

Plus he puts at risk the fireman and police officer who would have been back in there getting him out minutes later. Follow the directions of the first responders.
    Last edited by rower; 04-12-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Its serious

Name:  F23BA801-ED56-4D79-A921-521130393831.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  68.7 KB
    Registry member No.773