Thread: 69 911s exhaust colors? Need help

69 911s exhaust colors? Need help

I have a 69 911s and am wanting to ceramic coat my heat exchanges and muffler. I live in dallas and the ceramic guys only offer black and silver. I want to be correct in my color, and was thinking about sending to jethot. Does anyone know what color grey is correct or any other ceramic guys that can do the job?

Thanks
    Carter
    Carterf@gmail.com

Just talked to jet hit they wanted $1,400 and can’t even match color, muscle I grey was their recommendation..
    High temp pint is sounding better and better..

https://www.jet-hot.com/colors

Does anyone know what the paint code is for high temp paint

Not sure how close the gray is but have a look at Por 15 hi heat paint. I have done a number of cast manifolds with it and it stays on, looks good and close to factory look. It can go on with a brush and flows out very nicely but they now have aerosol cans as well.

Thanks, Rick

Hello Carter , I have worked on numerous early '70 and earlier cars with silver mufflers and heat exchangers . There is no question the exhausts were original . There are early factory tour photos on this site with engines with silver mufflers . I think this is a classic example of being wrong so often now people think wrong is correct . Use silver ceramic coating for your exhaust . However I am not saying that some exhausts could have been grey , it seems sometimes there is not an absolute with Porsches .