Name:  IMG_7438.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  92.2 KBName:  IMG_9317.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  83.4 KBName:  9E8DA007-722C-4394-A339-C27F92209087.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  82.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry L View Post
    Hello David, insurance is always frustrating and I think part of the Game plan, make people give up!! I also have Haggerty and this is alarming. Now insurance is NOT my area, just some experience and hopefully helpful comments here and hopefully others.

I don't think State Farm can say it is $1,500 game over until you have verified estimates you are happy with. and if no satisfaction there that is where I would expect Haggerty to step up and protect you as a policy holder and then THEY fight it out with State Farm to subrogate any difference that needs to be paid to make you whole.
    I am not sure of your Haggerty coverage BUT if as mine (full coverage, no deductible, no questions asked) and they came off with no responsibility or support to you as a customer I too would be pissed. My policy is due for renewal in about 2 weeks, I will be calling them and asking some very pointed questions.

Please keep us updated on this.
    Good luck!!
    Let me take back my indictment of Haggerty's. It was premature. Timeline...……….

1) Wreck
    2) State Farm says "take car to our appraiser". He appraised the damage at $1500.
    3) I called Haggerty. They said "Sure, we'll take the claim. No problem. We understand your situation. Get an estimate anywhere you choose".
    (BUT.....this was not an adjuster. It was a weekend when we spoke. The adjuster would not be in until the following work week_
    4) I took my car to a restoration shop here in town. I left it there for an estimate. This place is only has 4 guys there. They're all good at what they do. But paperwork isn't their forte'. So...it sat there for 3 days with no estimate.
    5) When the adjuster called the following week, he left a message. The message was...."State Farm has issued you a check. They've closed the claim. We're closing the claim now as well."
    6) He and I play phone tag for a couple of days while the car sits at the shop waiting for estimate.
    7) Crazyman (yours truly) leaves scathing remarks about Haggerty on this site.
    8) I finally get a hold of Haggerty Adjuster. He says...."State Farm issued you a check. We assumed the case closed." I replied...."I got no check from State Farm. Furthermore, if I do, I'm going to send it back". He say's...."Let me call State Farm". He calls me back after speaking with State Farm....."They did issue you a check. They said the would stop payment on it. Go ahead and get your estimate and we'll make good on what the shop says." I said....."I believe it'll take 5 grand to fix this car". He said..."That's what I figure it will take too". Estimate comes in right at 5k. Haggerty's appraiser is going by the shop tomorrow to see car before work begins.

I expect no problems from here. The car is in good hands. Haggerty's has said they'll fix it. And one other thing.....

The adjuster at Haggerty's understands these situations. (He says this happens a lot). He understands that if you replace one headlight, both have to be replaced. He understands that bumper trim from bird man for 100 bucks can't go on this car when there is OEM bumper trim available for $350. He understands this car has to match on both sides to make them match. In other words....the guy operates like old world adjusters. He's willing to make the car right. (Not just slap it together).

So all is good again with the world again. The stars are aligned. Work should begin on my car tomorrow. Probably take about 10 days.

I went by yesterday to look at the car. These cars are special. This car stood out in that shop (at least to my eye). This car sits there....looking like...."I'm ready to go". "Drive me" "I won't let you down. I'll drive the way I look like I ought to drive. When you drive me, you'll feel the way I make you feel when you look at me. Let's go. But I don't play favorites".

I miss my car lol.
    Last edited by whatnot; 04-21-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    ‘87 911
    ‘66 304307
    S Registry #3791
    David Cate

Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Some german insurance companies do limit the yearly milage driven, if you have it registered as a historical vehicle.
    The state tax reduction and insurance reduction is worth every penny for spares and repairs.
    Depending on the company, you are allowed a max of 10k km,
    so the tendency is clearly to a second or third porsch‘ .....

br
    haul

btw....2 days ago....had so hard driven the 964 that i blew the gasket in front of the katalysator......soundlevel like open class, race
    track...had to drive for another three hours to get home..
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

I can't drive my car enough!

Name:  1971 911 T 2019.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  214.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20181214_084829_307.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  138.5 KB
    Name:  L1003630.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  92.3 KB
    Michael Rogers
    Founder Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen and the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Swap Meet
    1971 911T Targa/gold metallic
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833
    https://www.facebook.com/Nor-Cal-Vin...9809110032975/

Occasional back-country tours throughout the year and to one of the weekly C&Cs in the area.

Name:  IMG_0884.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  20190324_191018.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  182.3 KB

Name:  20180331_090053-1.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  152.2 KB
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Your damage does not appear to be beyond the capabilities of a good body shop. I would not let them use bonds, good shops don't.
    I can understand your apprehension. I usually don't worry much about accidents although I do drive defensively. However I recently drove from Houston to San Antonio and was a nervous wreck until I got off IH10. Way to many big rigs hauling along at 90+. Ford explorers and F350's tailgating me at even 100 with no inkling that their stopping distance was way longer than mine.
    It seems even these huge vehicles can easily motor along at triple digit speeds these days.
    Last fall we were on a drive in CO on a long stretch out side of Manitou Springs. cruising around 80 and came up on a semi . We could not see around him so backed of a bit to look for a pass.
    I immediately looked in my mirror and all I could see was "FORD". Some freaking maniac was doing around 100 in a dualie about 1/2 car length off my bumper. My wife says pull off which was not possible as there was no shoulder. And if I let off he would be right over us.
    In a flash he booted it to blindly pass the us and the semi. Must have been doing 115-120 and... he was pulling a trailer with 3 ATV's.
    Drive every day? It depends or you may wear them.

David,
    Glad you got the correct results!

I own a restoration shop and our garage keepers is with Hagerty. I also own several old cars and an old boat - all insured with Hagerty. I've had two claims in 8 years and they are absolutely AWESOME to work with. Yes, they "get" it!

Ralph Sikes