Thread: Caution when shipping USPS

Caution when shipping USPS

Just want to warn others who use USPS priority service. They provide the nice box and if it fits, it ships. I have sent about 30 boxes in the last couple months. 2 did not make there destination. Vanished. With bar code scanning I cant see how you "loose" packages. Then try to collect insurance. Near impossible. It's funny that these 2 items were both almost irreplaceable. A perfect 901 trans shift knob original and mint, and a oil thermostat for 69-71 cars with front cooler.
    I have shipped UPS and Fed Ex since they were founded and never lost anything. 2 items in a couple months is crazy.
    And if you have a claim, don't think your local post office will help you. It has to be done 100% on line, so you are dealing with a automated service. Can't deal with humans at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    Just want to warn others who use USPS priority service. They provide the nice box and if it fits, it ships. I have sent about 30 boxes in the last couple months. 2 did not make there destination. Vanished. With bar code scanning I cant see how you "loose" packages. Then try to collect insurance. Near impossible. It's funny that these 2 items were both almost irreplaceable. A perfect 901 trans shift knob original and mint, and a oil thermostat for 69-71 cars with front cooler.
    I have shipped UPS and Fed Ex since they were founded and never lost anything. 2 items in a couple months is crazy.
    And if you have a claim, don't think your local post office will help you. It has to be done 100% on line, so you are dealing with a automated service. Can't deal with humans at any level.
    two high value items have vanished in the hands of USPS...both sent the same day,both with extra insurance(the other parcels i sent the same day did not have extra insurance ...those made it to there destinations...HMMMMM?)...carrera rs book 1st. edition and a bunch of nos 911R front indicator lights...it took over 5 month to get the $$$ from the insurance---all online, all PITA... but it`s the same pain with other carriers........life goes on

@moito I can only assume your HMMMMM refers to a question I have often had -- when you insure something, it seems that you have given a clear indicator to the package handlers that this item might be worth stealing. Always seemed like a Catch 22 . . .
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
    @moito I can only assume your HMMMMM refers to a question I have often had -- when you insure something, it seems that you have given a clear indicator to the package handlers that this item might be worth stealing. Always seemed like a Catch 22 . . .
    exactly----a catch 22...