Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market demand for Black & Green Coco Mats

Market demand for Black & Green Coco Mats

I wanted to reach out to forum members and try to stir the pot with Coco Mats in Fort Mills SC in doing a limited run of Black and Green coco mat material for vintage car owners who would want a black with green mats.
    Although rare I have seen handfuls of W113 and W111 cars on the market that had green interiors. I have also seen Porsche 356 and several vintage Ferrari's with green leather interiors.
    I can come up with 3 different cars a Morgan, a 230SL and a 220seb making 3 sets.
    I advised Coco Mats to offer a limited run of this material for a higher price, advertise it on their website as strictly limited and email blast it to their customer base and I think it would test the market and pay off for them to do so.
    Is there anyone out there who will commit to the purchase of a set.
    It does not matter what kind of car. But I would like to collaborate on the demand the black with green option.
    Please let me know.
    Cheers
    Peter
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

Hi Peter
    Yes, I’d commit to a set for a 69 911
    Cheers. Paul
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

I would be interested, but I need to see the color green that will be used. I prefer something that is like the British racing green/Porsche Irish Green. Thanks ==
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
    I would be interested, but I need to see the color green that will be used. I prefer something that is like the British racing green/Porsche Irish Green. Thanks ==
    This, as I own an Irish Green over black car. I bought a set of black with grey so the green would have to be pretty spot on for me to commit. That said I've seen a lot of variation in Irish Green cars with original paint due to exposure, care etc. that I expect it may not be easy to find a green all can agree on. That's not even taking into consideration the folks with Conda, Viper, Emerald, Signal, Leaf, Golden or Metallic Greens.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

To OP, How much is required by Coco Mats to move forward with a custom colored combo? You have 1 committed to any green combo and 2 that want a specific green to match their car.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by teenchy View Post
    This, as I own an Irish Green over black car. I bought a set of black with grey so the green would have to be pretty spot on for me to commit. That said I've seen a lot of variation in Irish Green cars with original paint due to exposure, care etc. that I expect it may not be easy to find a green all can agree on. That's not even taking into consideration the folks with Conda, Viper, Emerald, Signal, Leaf, Golden or Metallic Greens.
    This is one reason why Coco Mats hasn't take any real effort to make a green offering. I have black with blue coco mats in my Albert Blue 911 and I love them but I would guess they are not exactly matching to the paint.
    See their color offerings here:
    https://www.cocomats.com/coco/
    They did mention the concern of what green would work but some would reach for some unreachable perfection by customers in wanting an exact type of green.
    That's like saying the black and red works well with Bahia red but not so much with Polo Red.
    Hell I would entertain all Green or multi colored green if at all possible.
    Green is tough. For example it was a nightmare trying to find a green leather that would work on my 63 220seb. Early 60's Benz's were lighter and later 60's were darker. All you will find today is darker.
    Again there is no commitment by them on moving forward on this. They did state when they buy material in a specific color that it allows for nearly 100 floor mat sets.
    That being said I have longed for years for them to offer any type of green coco mat so that is why I wanted to start this thread to test the waters to see what folks are thinking and expose demand for such an offering.
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

Quote Originally Posted by Perry911 View Post
    This is one reason why Coco Mats hasn't taken any real effort to make a green offering.
    When I responded earlier, I asked for what I would want in an ideal world.

As a practical matter, perfect matching of the dots in a cocomat to the paint on the exterior panels is probably more difficult and less important than we think. The dots are tiny, rarely in direct sunlight and made from textile (coconut fibers). It is almost impossible to match a textile color to a painted metal color. Also, they are unlikely to butt up against any of the body color panels so comparison of the shade of green becomes less of an issue.

I can get really picky about color and other choices (such as OEM signal lenses), but, to be honest, almost any green will do and I would bet that is true of many owners. It seems to me to be a compromise that is easier to make.

I will change my vote to ANY green will do.
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
    I will change my vote to ANY green will do.
    Old bump to say I should probably do the same. I'd think the green could come close to matching the green in the aftermarket pepita cloth.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

I would purchase a set.. prefer the darker green vs lighter
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

My original vintage green set of coco’s in combo with my blue 70.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß