I have a MY1972 911 S that i am rebuilding/restoring. When delivered it had no fuel tank and no fuel lines.

Reading the instruction manual and the parts manual, it is quite difficult to identify the connections i need to re-establish.

Starting with the tank. I have bought a Dansk replica given mine was missing. It has 3 connection holes on the bottom. As you look at them, i believe the first connection on the left is the fuel supply to the pump. The middle connection is the fuel return from the pump and the fuel console and the third connection is not used.

Questions:
1. What size is the fuel supply fitting for a 2.4 S? I have a small (6mm) and a large (8mm) version
2. The 3rd hole in the tank bottom is presumably closed off with a blanking plug?
3. I have 2 pipes that terminate close to the master cylinder outside of the car. I believe these are the fuel supply and return hard lines that go through the tunnel. i also have 2 similar pipe ends that emerge vertically from the tunnel inside the car very close to the front bulkhead and i have no clue what these pipes do and i cant see into the tunnel to see where they go.

Shot to identify where the pipes are

Close up of the pipe ends which are covered in black tape to prevent crap getting in

4. Inside the fuel tank well at the rear are 2 holes which go through the bulkhead immediately behind the pedals. The are close to the hole through which the starter cable goes in order to feed through the tunnel, and just above the front anti roll bar which you can see in the photo. It is almost like these holes should provide a connectivity route for the 2 pipes above to be connected to something. I have no idea what it is though.

Any idea what these are for?

I am wondering if (3) and 4) have something to do with the charcoal canister given this was a US spec car when new. I am not, however, refitting the charcoal canister so wonder if these holes and the 2 pipes inside the car are in fact redundant and can be simply closed off.

Thanks

Andrew