Thread: CA Blue Plate re-registraton contacts / help?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CA Blue Plate re-registraton contacts / help?

Hey there -looking for a registration service or savvy person who can help me or guide on registering a blue plate back to the car.
    I have the plate in hand.
    I have registration papers and documents with the vin and the blue plate on it.
    Car left the state for a few years, and registered with out of state plate
    Back in CA now, but, have a new plate on it, as the DMV person didn't seem interested to figure out how to register the old plate back to it.

Any assist appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

Some friendly advice. Call your local AAA office and ask them if they can handle your specific problem. If so it's well worth the $60 annual fee to join rather than dealing with the chaos at the DMV. I recently registered my 993 which had been off the road for 10 years. I joined AAA and they had me in and out in 20 minutes with registration in hand. I will never stand in line at the DMV again.

Neil

PM sent. I have a person in San Diego I've used. Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Yeah thanks for the referral, I have AAA and will go down there too and talk to them. I've found them fantastic, but for sometimes obscure stuff... they have trouble.

Paint the plate they gave you blue. No one's going to care or even know you painted it if you do a nice job in the correct blue. It's not like you're altering a plate to get away with something like registration or a stolen vehicle.

You can reassign a pair of matching plates to a car if it’s the correct model year range but I think you’ll have to go down to the actual dmv and do it.