Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good deal thread.

Good deal thread.

So we already have a "seriously" thread, so the opposite of that would be a "reasonable" thread where we can share prices on parts or equipment we can all use, and benefit from. I am not a moderator and therefore I have no discretion with respect to "what can or cannot" be posted...but I would hope people won't use this thread for self benefit (ie: don't post your own schwag here for sale...use the classifieds, and if you scored a brilliant cheap purchase, and want to brag...don't) but instead, use this to help out others that may have a similar need for parts or services.

So I will lead off... I had reason to check on the repro oil coolers at Sunset (price and availability) and "while I was there" I asked for a quote on a left side battery box for my 72 $222. That seemed pretty fair.
    Called my local dealer to see if they would match price and save me shipping...no and no. Told me they were "unavailable in the US" and were 6-8 weeks from Europe at $449 plus shipping
    Then called Stoddard NLA (west) ad they quoted me $174 with plenty of availability. Called my local dealer back to confirm part numbers to make sure...and was told again that all the part numbers were correct, and no they were not available domestically.
    So I did the "right thing"...and ordered three from NLA.
    If anyone out there needs battery boxes, NLA seems like a very good deal.
    Last edited by speedo; 05-13-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    registry# 1283

I got this off ebay a couple of days ago for 250€. I expected a rather bad condition but for hanging on the ceiling that doesn't really matter. It has two scuffs in the wood and the fu..ed up pcd mod - I guess it might have been a VW Nardi with riveted hub by origin.
    But on unpacking I had a pleasant surprise. It's a dished real nice '69 thin rimmed 380 Nardi that has this fragile very light feel to it and it's in far better condition than expected.
    It's the kind of wheel that makes happy if you just hold it in your hands and are astounded how light these are and the feeling with the thin rim.
    Although I haven't planned for that I might even give it a try in the Car.
    Name:  IMG_3196.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  93.8 KB

I was once buying wheels out of the back of a tractor trailer box. $25 a wheel, I grabbed a bunch. At the bottom of the pile was a 67 Sport seat, covered in mud. Guy said give me another $25.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

My Fiance picked this up for $1000
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Carl S. View Post
    My Fiance picked this up for $1000
    Marry her! (asap)

Wedding date is Aug 4 2019!!!!!!

Alu Longhood Hood . . .

. . . .

'. . . New perfect reproduction aluminum front hoods for 911 and 912 models.

Also known as the front bonnet / bonnets. 14 lbs.

Package is oversized to ensure safe shipment.

Adjustment work is sometimes required
    . . .'

$2249

https://www.aasesales.com/collection...3-1468t-105622

We Can Be Heroes

OG Deep 6s . . .

. . . + fresh CN36s . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...elli-CN36-4000

(NOT mine) . . .

. . . and already pffft!

We Can Be Heroes

Anyone going to the Stoddard Swap Meet should really look in their scratch and dent pile, their are some good deals there. Like the $100 Speedster windshields or the pile of $10 911 horn grills, (right side only), but definitely worth a look. Hope to see everyone there-
    Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

'65 911 . . .

. . . 300507 = $184k

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...12#post1019512

. . . 04-Mar, 1965

We Can Be Heroes