Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which one is the earlier version?

which one is the earlier version?

who knows when they changed the style of the BRANDING? and which version was the earlier one..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    My Euro 73S, 11/72 production, has the boxed one on the right. G

My March 1969 911 also has the boxed version.
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

1970 911 S 700 mile has the boxed version

Franz, December '65 the left one from the top of my head but will confirm tomorrow. J

301022 does not have the box. as per the left image (left the camera at the workshop - image tomorrow)

Has the same funny scratch below the part number
    Membership #3255
    revivem.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Fuller View Post
    301022 does not have the box. as per the left image (left the camera at the workshop - image tomorrow)

Has the same funny scratch below the part number
    thanks Ivan
    big or small washer used for mounting it?( changeover to small in 68 ??)
    anyone ever seen the sloted M6 hex bolts (like pic to the right)used for hinges,hood catch etc on an original car
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Franz, large flat washer on my car, DIN 125 from the top of my head. Silver zinc plated (chemically tested so no opinion) size 18/6/1,25. Have not seen the slotted bolts. Mine were M6x20 NSF, silvr zinc plated (again chemically tested). Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Franz, large flat washer on my car, DIN 125 from the top of my head. Silver zinc plated (chemically tested so no opinion) size 18/6/1,25. Have not seen the slotted bolts. Mine were M6x20 NSF, silvr zinc plated (again chemically tested). Hope this helps
    thanks for dimensions...will check with what i have.
    slotted M6X20 NSF 8G all over on 300294 (and some on 300292)car looks very untouched..besides a lousy respray....
    8G tells me that the bolts period correct later ones are marked 8.8