Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who sells this part

Who sells this part

Does anyone sell only this part, that is the reinforcing plate with the threaded inserts that is spot welded on the longitudinal?
    (pic pilfered from Resoration design)

So, nobody sells it, or nobody knows?

I must be missing something. Why haven't you contacted Restoration Design whose picture you posted?
    https://www.carid.com/restoration-de...pn-pp280l.html

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    I must be missing something. Why haven't you contacted Restoration Design whose picture you posted?
    https://www.carid.com/restoration-de...pn-pp280l.html
    reinforcement only wanted..i suspect

The Austrian is correct. I am looking for the strengthening plate only

how about some 8/10 used originalos with semi solid tubes.

more pics on request

and how do you like my new office chair?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

OK, now there is something weird:
    On the spare torsion tube that I have (vintage unknown), the reinforcment plate is welded to the torsion tube all around.
    On my car I can't really tell because it is all gone after dipping.
    On your parts it is not welded.

Was there a change in production method some time? If they were not welded in '69, I don't need any, and can use the ones that are welded to the replacement inner fender.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
    On your parts it is not welded.
    good for you...
    hey it came off a 912...nothing to fear if not welded all arround.....4 small barrel will not tear anything apart.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Just make a plate hammer it into shape and weld it at threaded bungs and perimeter. G
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gled, The reinforcment plate is *behind* the inner fender. If I want to weld it to the torsion tube, I need it to be separate from the inner fender sheetmetal, hence my query.
    But if it was not welded originally, I can use the part I have with the reinforcment plate already welded to the Inside.