Thread: 70 t oil tank seal question

70 t oil tank seal question

Does a 1970 911T oil tank require a 911 107 192 03 seal? My spare parts catalog for Model 70-71 does not depict this seal but I just removed my tank and there was one on it. I know my tank has never been removed as I have owned the vehicle since the mid-seventies. I know the filter console requires a seal and there is a seal on the filler neck. I believe this was a late production 70 so maybe a change mid year? I am hoping someone has run into this before. Thanks for any info and best regards.

Are you talking about the circular rubber seal around the filter housing? If so then from 65 to end 71 should use the same seal to best of my knowledge.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Are you talking about the circular rubber seal around the filter housing? If so then from 65 to end 71 should use the same seal to best of my knowledge.
    Porsche's published catalog for the 1970 to 1973 model years, KAT574_USA_911_73_KATALOG, shows this part as an oblong seal with three holes. It is on a page that applies only to the 1973 model year. I have found omissions, updates and errors in the catalog, but this seems unlikely to be one of them. My January 1970 911T does not have this seal, but I can't be certain that my oil tank was not removed previously.

That sounds like the 73 seal.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I just installed the tank in my ‘70E project. The doughnut shaped seal along with two grommets that fit into the body and a circular retaining ring are used instead of the ‘73 and later oblong seal. I also found that I needed to remove the tail light assembly to properly fit the tank.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress