Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 68 targa front floor

68 targa front floor

Does anyone have a good picture of what the floor area were the side walls conform look like? The driver side, I would think, seats on the floor pan perimeter. But my rusty metal leads me down below the perimeter elevation.
    the passenger side leads me to believe that it seats on the floor pan perimeter. were I have a drawn line.Name:  DSCN0306.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  108.2 KB
    Last edited by bob joyce; 06-11-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: more pictures

more pictures of 68

I will try to post driver side picture.Name:  DSCN0305.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  86.8 KB

Good luck finding these pieces. Sent my originals to Restoration Design for them to take a computer copy. Probably not enough demand to actually produce them.

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  82.8 KBName:  gusset 2.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  82.2 KBName:  Gusset 1.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  170.6 KB

Got more photos if you need them. I think Porsche may still have revised, revised, revised, revised left side in Atlanta. Can probably "cut and paste".

doigthom …..Thank You.... The third picture in particular answered my question. My concern was how it was flanged and welding type. The picture shows the flange dropping down to the lowest part of the floor(driver side). and it appears that the upper areas are spot welded and the lower, on the floor and over the threshold flanges are segmented bead weld... would you concur that my observation is correct? thanks for the great pictures …. and yes, Restoration Design is adding more to its list and that by nature of low production , moves the production of these parts further out... Too bad, for I would like the rear bulk heads that are 2 year only..... I will fabricate the parts myself... in the end, save time by doing it rather than hunting for it.

Sorry but I don't do my own body work and I would hate to take you down the wrong path by confirming or denying. Picture looks like spot at the top but just not sure. You might reach out to Moito on this site. I think one or more of my photos came from him. Also ask Eric Linden if he has any of the rusted pieces you need. I got something from him that was a later version of the passenger's side but it had most of the compound curves. Also try Freisinger in Europe. I have seen a picture of a pile of parts. They were helpful when was looking for pistons.

doigthom … I very much appreciate your candor …. If franz or others are not to buissy , they might remark... the bread crumb trail of my rusty parts and the pictures you posted confirm the layout of the parts. I think the only questionable assumption would be the bead welding. I do know on my car in this area, of Targa specific parts, there exist some bead welding thanks bob

passenger inner piece with tunnel flange, floor flange, and inner fender flange.... tossed in the "chicken pox" weld spots, for good measure...……...Name:  DSCN0310.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  100.1 KB

Bob

As I said I don't do my own work so may be way off base. The piece that belongs there extends from the longitudinal to the fender waii and around to the floor pan. You can see that I traced it in red on what I supplied. I'm in no position to deprecate your work but I don't think you have accomplished what the missing rusty piece was intended to accomplish. The triangulation of the attachments was to stop body flex. In addition the piece you have welded in may interfere with the floor board. Nice work on fabrication but may not be what you need. Somebody who knows please jump in.

Tom

Thanks Tom …. what you see is the first piece. The second piece belongs along the lines I drew on the floor pan. and overlaps this first piece ... ALL is well because the rusty pieces for this passenger side give me very good "pattern"
    when I get the next piece fabricated you will see that it matches the piece you have outlined in red... thanks for your concern. bob