Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 68 targa front floor

this is the second piece that overlaps the first piece... this is what the second piece looked like. it appeared to be factory piece, not a repair... curious… the bracket that holds the toe board on the other pictures you posted suggest that the 2 pieName:  DSCN0311.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  115.1 KBces meet differently than my pieces.... I wonder if this is another 1968 anomaly???.

Picture obscures the written part. I think the second part should have a flange shape at the bottom that welds to the floor. Also joining area around the lomgs goes from top to bottom. Still need an expert here. Do not rely totally on my comments. I think '67 and '68 are the same.Name:  IMG_4598.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  77.2 KBName:  IMG_4599.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  89.8 KB

I was mentioning that the rectangular bracket that holds the toe board, on mine it is to the right of were the 2 pieces meet, and on the "reference" photo it is to the left of were the 2 pieces come together.... Also mine is layered on top and welded. the "reference" photo creats another flange and angle point were they come together..... my car was definitely not like that …. that's why I ask if mine December 3, 1967. was for the "68" model…… I know that mine is original... thanks bob
    p

Again not an expert but the piece you are trying to fabricate is listed on the 69 PET as a gusset. This was not change until 1969. Don't know what else to tell you. Unfortunately all the photos I have saved are undated so I can not tell you what years is what.

thanks tom ….. there are very few 1968 Targa specific experts out there. a lot of coup guys...I have it covered..... I am pretty sure some of the segmented bead welds your body guy did was a "improvement" induced decision on your body mans part.... thanks bob

Bob

None of those picture are of my car so you know. Just an amalgam of pics I have collected. My guy is just starting to get to this point on my '67 Targa.

Tom

oh … I thought the white epoxy was yours... what condition are your floor areas.... are they unaltered... can you post close up of these areas??? 67/68 ibelieve are the same in these areas. I guess the 69 has the extra angle point were the 2 pieces come together.

Bob

Unsure what you mean "two pieces come together".As I said above, just getting close to point that my guy will be welding mine in. I think two of those photos were from Moito and one from Rev's institute. Don't know where I got the two directly above. Here is a photo of the left side piece that I got from a fellow in France. Guess I didn't save a photo of the passenger side. As you can see it pretty much follows what you have left on your left side photo absent what is rusted away on your piece.. Compound curves pretty difficult to fabricate. My guy is an hour and a half away so don't get to see what he is doing that often. Was still working on the longs the last time I was there. Started with a whole new floor.

Name:  DSC00197.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  169.7 KB

that's a cool piece.... the floor flange is what I needed to see.... so that confirms…. I wonder if this piece is actual 1967 or a later iteration that works. it looks just like my piece minus the square hole for the cross bar support that 68 and 69 Targas had.
    Last edited by bob joyce; 06-21-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Bob

Think that piece is the first iteration of the original. PET says only one part number for '67, '68, '69. My PET stops at 69 so don't know when this next iteration started. My right side is definitely a later piece with the front section being different. There the '67 and '68 same and then modified in '69. The '67s had a cross bar also.

Tom