Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWB Dash Repair

SWB Dash Repair

I have a very annoying hole in my speaker grill on my 67 911. I have seen options for full recovering or reproduction that I'm not interested in. The rest of the interior is very original and I'm really worried about the grain and sheen not matching. Any ideas?

I will have the glass out this year for a respray back to the original Bahama Yellow.

Name:  PXL_20211205_163657578.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  160.2 KB
    Last edited by rsrmatt; 03-03-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Try Aase Porsche. Vinyl is a very good match.

Autos International, Dorian, has a black vinyl that's as close to original as it gets and they sell the hand-punched speaker piece. Unfortunately, it does not include 55 years of fading. I know you can remove the dash w/o removing the windshield for 65-66, and think 67 also applies -- two nuts accessed under dash inside frunk. I might have one in inventory, I'll look. Replacing the speaker section is relatively easy, it's the front section that's very difficult.
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

My 67' June build, dash is removable without removing the glass

John is right on the money with the AI German vinyl. I had to add a bit to the original interior on my 67 and it blended in perfectly. It is black not the greyish stuff, the grain is well defined and similar to og. I treat it with Einszett and get a sheen that matches and lasts.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

I hope my May build is the same

Thanks for the tip with AI. I will give them a call to get their input.

The full picture. I do have the original VDM steering wheel, but I'm 6'5" and I need the smaller diameter. Also kept the original shift knob, but that's my personal touch. I have framed 917k prints in my house too ...
    Name:  PXL_20220301_215535180.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  166.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    John is right on the money with the AI German vinyl. I had to add a bit to the original interior on my 67 and it blended in perfectly. It is black not the greyish stuff, the grain is well defined and similar to og. I treat it with Einszett and get a sheen that matches and lasts.
    Steve, what specific Einszett product is it? I assume the sheen is no so shinny?
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Quote Originally Posted by John912 View Post
    Steve, what specific Einszett product is it? I assume the sheen is no so shinny?
    I use Einszett Cockpit Premium and love it.

That's the stuff Cockpit Premium. It's the best for old Porsche black interiors. Not too shiny no silicone.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100