Thread: what is the correct bosch blue tip for a '65 911?

what is the correct bosch blue tip for a '65 911?

What is the correct bosch for a 65 911?

I guess the longest alu mast?

And what years are the other for? the short alu mast has also a different blue tip.

Btw can these be taken apart and cleaned?

Thanks

Richard

Name:  IMG_6678.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  188.9 KB
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Richard, none of the ones shown. Yes, they can be restored. I discussed this with franz recently and believe the factory used the Hirschmann auta 4000 on the 901s and not the blue tips. They did so on the late Cs and production overlapped.

To add, those are later construction Bosch blue tips. Look for a date code.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    I can't be 100% sure it applies to Bosch antennas but what was left of the Hirschmann that came in my '65 had the coaxial cable attached to the antenna body with a threaded coupling:

Name:  2016-04-08 12.25.34.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  2016-04-08 12.26.10.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  95.6 KB

All the antennas you showed had the coaxial cable permanently attached.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

[QUOTE=NeunElf;1022886]I can't be 100% sure it applies to Bosch antennas but what was left of the Hirschmann that came in my '65 had the coaxial cable attached to the antenna body with a threaded coupling:

/QUOTE]

I think that is a difference between Bosch and Hirschmann unless the Bosch pictured are much later than '65. I have the (correct) Hirschmann but just like to learn details. In the same light would I like to know where the date stamp on a Bosch (and Hirschmann) can be found.

Thanks,

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Look around the zinc die cast base where the cable mounts. all the early ones were dated they stopped doing so later on. Can not tell you exactly when