Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W: Fraise (yes pink) car or trade for car 301100

member #1515
    Congratulations , great color.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    The one from Mershon's?
    That looked to be a very nice example of a '72S.
    Yes. I think it's a good car... with some caveats.

Nicely optioned, low miles (49k), and documented long-term ownership. Unfortunately, it came through a dealer who really doesn't understand Porsches. He painted it when he shouldn't have and not the way the car needs to be painted. That - and some other details - are going to need sorting out. But after watching that purple pile of rust sell for $104k on BaT, I'm more convinced than ever that great colors are where I want to be and I've been looking for so long that I really couldn't pass a good car up - let alone a 72S.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Yes. I think it's a good car... with some caveats.
    Too bad they didn't leave it in first paint but as that ship has sailed hopefully it won't be too difficult to reverse the oversights.
    The car looks so original beyond that. With that color, those options like the extended hub and factory rear bumper bar plus the documented long term (and appears meticulous) ownership I think you have another special one. Good luck with it.

Well done on being patient waiting for one to come up. The paint looks to be reasonable, but depending on the quality of the job perhaps it could be stripped back to the original paint? Depends what you're after I guess!
    Cam

My guess is that I would have painted it anyway. Like most of us, I love original cars. That said, I'm also a big believer that there is a fine line between "original paint" and "needs to be painted" - a line that I have no hesitation of crossing when warranted. My painter is of the opinion that the new paint on the car could be brought up to fairly high standard with a little work. But, no matter his skills - and they're impressive - not even he can turn base/clear into single-stage Glasurit.

I see paint in her future.

JP,

just checked on the springfield pink ....very good find.....

br
    haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

From the Mershun's site, the car doesn't look as pink as i'd have expected... look forward to you posting some!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616