Thread: 1970 911 owners please help me!

1970 911 owners please help me!

Please I need your help. I am trying to establish the history of my 1970 911, a theft recovery in the early 70s with a reassigned vehicle id number. It has had a clear title now with the reassigned number since the late 70s, but I would like to find out

the history of the car so need the correct number. All I have is the yellow grease pencil on the dash production number of 1000491. Thanks to David Pateman, I have zeroed in to the fact that the correct last four digits of the number are between 0091

and 0470, with the number of this car being around 0219. However although Porsche cars north america is willing to help me and cannot find the id number from the production number, if I can get closer to guessing the id number, they will not have to

check as many records and more easily find a albert blue 70 coupe with no equipment originally delivered to the south, and that will probably be this car.

So here is where I need your help. If you will please look at your 911 and tell me the last four of your id number vs the production number I should be able to zero in. The production number stamped into the dash just under the radio, as in this

picture where the welding marks are. Thank you in advance. George Hussey

Name:  IMG_6503.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  113.1 KBName:  IMG_6502.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  96.4 KBName:  IMG_6504.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  108.5 KB

We Can Be Heroes