Thread: 37cm momo prototipo, black, stacked momo, 1st generation

37cm momo prototipo, black, stacked momo, 1st generation

Time to sell this momo prototipo from my collection. As the title already explained, i'm offering a 1st generation, momo prototipo in the desirable size, 37cm. The wheel has got a dish, black spokes and stacked mo mo logo on the rear. I've seen quite a few prototipo's over the past years and am confident to say that in this setup, it's a really hard to find piece. Most of the 37cm prototipo's with a dish are 2nd generation with the painted logo. My guess is that these where only made for a very short period before switching to the 2nd generation logo.

Now for the bad, the wheel has obviously had quite some use over the years. Don't get me wrong, even though the leather is showing a few fine cracks in the leather, i still consider this one good for that part. It's just aged but perfect for everyday use. What bothers me a bit more is that wheel is no longer flat when put face down on a flat surface. Those familiar with the old wheels know it's a common thing but it Always bothers me knowing it. There's a good chance it isn't really noticed when being mounted on a car but i rather say it in advance as it's the right thing to do. I'm not the kind of person trying to hide such stuff.

Overall, i'm confident to say this is a very rare prototipo in what i believe to be the best possible size for an old Porsche. I know there are 38cm wheels too, but i would prefer this one over such one all day. I'm asking 1000€ + shipping + PayPal (friends and family).

Regards,
    Robin

Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

This rare prototipo is still available. May consider a reasonable offer.
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

Beautiful wheel Robin, GLWS!
    Reg#2218

Thanks Doug. I would have epexcted a bit more interest but I guess "the bad" may scare some. And possibly the dished aspect too however it's what makes this wheel great in this spec imo. Oh well, if it doesnt sell, it'll have to stay! ��

Make ma an offer I cant refuse. ��
    Solid 230 hub and large Crest horn available too if desired

900€, shipping included (Europe and US), pp f&f
    ONO

Old thread, I know. But is this still available, Robin? I tried to email you, but don't seem to have access.