In another topic someone indicated a lack of build projects on this site.
I embarked on a big, ambitious project over 5 years ago now, and I figured this is as good a time as any to start reporting progress here.

Let me introduce myself first. I’m a 48 year old Dutchman living in Melbourne, Australia.
I bought my first Porsche, a yellow 1973 T coupe, in 2005, in the Netherlands and although I don’t like taking it out in the rain, I yearly clock up around 6,000km, driving it as they are meant to be driven.. hard!
I am a project manager and even though I used to be an engineer, other than your average bulb -or battery replacement, I have no mechanical/car-building experience whatsoever, so embarking on this journey has been interesting and very educational.
Just like probably any other teenager in the 80s I had posters of sexy models and cars on my bedroom wall. Mine (the car ones!) were of a green BMW 635csi, a white Lamborghini Countach, a blue Ferrari 512bbi and of the #8 Martini RSR driven in Sicily by Gijs van Lennep.
You see where this is going…

Name:  48.jpg
Views: 4024
Size:  103.9 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 3989
Size:  63.3 KB
second pic courtesy of the Maxted-page website.

Obviously with there only being 55 or so real RSRs, and the associated sky-high prices, the chances of me ever owning one were less than remote.
So the only options were to build a replica myself or, financially probably smarter, to buy a replica that someone already sank a lot of $$ in.
The reasons why I went for building one were simple; I couldn’t find a project car to my standards, I didn’t have the funds for a proper completed project car and most importantly, I wanted to challenge myself.
I want to get as close to the original Martini car as possible, but without an unlimited budget, which seems impossible, but more about that later.
So in May 2014 I entered my midlife crisis, turned my garage into a workshop and bought a nice donor car; a Japanese delivered, left hand drive, 1976 911 2.7S non-sunroof coupe.
Project RSR had started!

I like to use this topic for two things:
1) Share with you the process of building a fairly accurate works RSR car on a 1976 G-series body,
2) Listing and sharing with you all the little facts I learned about (works) RSRs, and invite you to add to them, debate or repute them, because with these cars, nothing is that simple.

I’m by no means an expert, but I have been researching 1973 RSRs - and the Martini works cars specifically - for over 5 years now, so I hope some of that work, and your feedback/help, can benefit others in the future.
I’ll start off by setting out what I want to accomplish, then will provide some updates on parts bought and work done.
I’d love your feedback, including constructive criticism.