Thread: 1971 911S Fuel Tank. Lines Sizes?... Photos would be Great. ;o)

1971 911S Fuel Tank. Lines Sizes?... Photos would be Great. ;o)

I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a '71 911S that I'm attempting to connect the brand new gas lines. to the gas tank fittings.
    This car is being restored. SO... I have a brand new banjo fitting... 14mm style. Correct for a '71 911S. 1971 is the first year
    that gets the 14mm banjo fitting. The gas hose the goes onto it is a 8mm id hose. That is the "large" hose..... THEN... there
    is a smaller hose for return. Correct? But... the fitting that goes into my tank will only fit a 8mm ID hose. ANOTHER large hose.
    Seems like the return line fitting should be for the smaller hose.

Hopefully this all makes sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You have things reversed in the picture . The fitting marked gas return is the supply . For an MFI car the fitting is 10 mm , and the supply hose is 9 mm ID . The fittings are available in 8 mm and 10 mm sizes . The banjo fitting is for the return line and is 8 mm , and the return line is 7 mm or 7.5 mm . Simple really .

I've been somewhat confused on this issue also.
    Last edited by Simonjjb; 10-14-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

The small sock is for the webasto
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    The small sock is for the webasto
    Interesting. My car has no Webasto. And a regular fuel line was connected. Ed, are you also saying that what is described by Richy is correct?

1 Sock
    1 Banjo in center hole
    1 plug
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Yes, engine feed banjo is larger one on left side of tank, return is center, no webasto, no line to that fitting.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Awesome! Thanks so much! ;o)

I hope you aren't really using that hose clamp in your picture.
    Last edited by edmayo; 07-02-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.