Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FS: @BaT - 1972 911S Coupe - Originally Owned by Walter Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Congrats.

Well earned.
    Well earned and hard earned - the last 10% of authenticity and excellence is 90% of the work.
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

The new owner and I put some nice miles on the car today. Just grinning ear to ear the whole time. It's just as it left the dealer in 1972 (really 71) but with that 2.7RS engine it was so much fun!! He's all into just driving it and I love that!
    72S, 72T now ST

member #1515
    The 2.7 engine is sooo much more fun to drive than the 2.4. Fabulous you were brave to do that.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    I agree, and I own BOTH....
    What’s your logic? I prefer the sound of the 2.0/2.2 liters or the grunt of the 2.7. 2.4 is neither here nor there in my mind. But I’m open to new opinion So!

member #1515
    I've owned the 4 versions of the motor. The 2.0S and 2.2S are a thrill to drive, but to get the most out of them you have to be really on them to get the best. Lots of gearbox rowing,(no pun intended).
    The 2.4S is ok but a bit dull, the 2.7 RS is the best of all worlds, good torque and a great top end too. Opening the 2.4 to 2.7 RS just makes it sooo responsive.
    These are just a personal opinion, others may have different preferences.
    David

A 2.4 S that's been RSed is neither.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    I've owned the 4 versions of the motor. The 2.0S and 2.2S are a thrill to drive, but to get the most out of them you have to be really on them to get the best. Lots of gearbox rowing,(no pun intended).
    The 2.4S is ok but a bit dull, the 2.7 RS is the best of all worlds, good torque and a great top end too. Opening the 2.4 to 2.7 RS just makes it sooo responsive.
    These are just a personal opinion, others may have different preferences.
    I agree but I was responding to those that said they felt the 72S was the high water mark of 911s even Better than the RS.

I find that out preferring the 2.7 or the earlier 2/2.2 for their soul.

member #1515
    Sort of like deciding your favorite Victorias Secret model
    David

I heard about his passing today which is very sad but he lived to 90 years old and I can only image what a fantastic life he had and the experiences he had in life. RIP
    72S, 72T now ST