Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do when Porsche Classic cannot restore your Porsche?

I think these are a bit better. Mine is code 33.
    You're right about how unhelpful the Porsche factory people are. Now if Feri Porsche wanted Twill he would have it within the hour. This now makes me think if I could contact someone very high up in the company or perhaps a favourite factory driver retired or active, might be worth trying.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35

I am not being rude or an unhelpful Porsche owner, however I have always found those on this site overly helpful with the majority of issues that are thrown around on this forum site,
    I also think it needs mentioning that this is a Forum for Pre 74 Porsche and although the accumulative knowledge found here on this site is extremely vast , there may be other Forum sites that are better suited for Post 74 Porsche.
    All the very best in your search and I am sure that there will be a fabric out there that closely matches what you require.
    Mark

Maybe use the vendor mentioned in this thread?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...at-fabric.html
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Maybe use the vendor mentioned in this thread?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...at-fabric.html
    Tried them, thanks. They knew but wouldn't tell me where to find the fabric.
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35

Try Southbound Trimmers in the UK. They've been doing interiors for Porsche restorations as long as I can remember and might be able to help. Don't have contacts to hand but can dig it out of you can't find them on Google. Usually more helpful than the Johnny come latelys in my experience.

Steve

Edit: owner Dave Nunn +44 (0) 1264 810080 no affilation

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Try Southbound Trimmers in the UK. They've been doing interiors for Porsche restorations as long as I can remember and might be able to help. Don't have contacts to hand but can dig it out of you can't find them on Google. Usually more helpful than the Johnny come latelys in my experience.

Steve

Edit: owner Dave Nunn +44 (0) 1264 810080 no affilation
    I know David and has been helpful with some other things but not the Twill.
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    BTW, you say this effort is in pursuit of a concours level restoration. How would any judge know whether the twill used on the seat bolsters is correct or not?
    Excellent question.

Banned
    I remember that material; ugly as sin.

Consider it a gift that you can’t find it. Some things are better left buried.

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Excellent question.
    ...is that not true if quite a number of bits and pieces not just singling out mid 70s bolster twill?

If something you need for your car is truly not available (and I'm gathering from your responses here that you have been rather diligent in your search), there are only 2 options, regardless of whether or not you intend to concours the car.

1.) Use whatever available close substitute you can find.

2.) Make it yourself (or consign to have it custom made for you).
    Last edited by Arne; 07-14-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic