Thread: Sportomatic back up light switch question

Sportomatic back up light switch question

Guys,
    Why does a 925 sportomatic back up light switch need 4 wires when a 915 five speed needs only two? My back up lights do not work. What pins need to be bridged to see if it is the switch or the wiring harness that is causing me bother? Is there a wiring diagram for this somewhere?
    Thanks, The capitalist Roader
    73S with (you guessed it) Sportomatic

Similar question on Pelican a few years ago:
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ortomatic.html
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

The other terminals are for the ignition - starter wire . The engine will not start if in reverse .

Thanks guys. I am still trying to figure out why the reverse lights won't work. I swapped out both of the switches from a spare 925 transmission that I have in the basement, but no luck and no lights.

Also, I checked both fuses (they are good) and I have taken both rear light boxes out of the car for bench testing. All lights work. I also put a test light in each of the sockets but could not get anything to light.

So now I am thinking that maybe I pinched a wire in the loom the last time I put the engine back into the car.

One final note: When I sent an email to Porsche Classic asking if there is/was a wiring diagram for the two switches on the side of a 925 transmission, they said: "Nope".

John, aka Caproader