Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Flares.....

Fantastic Werk ,, need some 2/73 15x9s
    Jeff H.
    72 911
    914-6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by JKH View Post
    Fantastic Werk ,, need some 2/73 15x9s
    ....thanks Jeff......indeed, and whilst I'm not a slave to date codes on wheels a set of 9's is certainly on my shopping list

Cheers,

A brief interlude....

At the beginning of this thread I posted a few pictures of the steam engine Ben Cole's is restoring......well I visited him recently and it's very nearly complete ....

....Ben estimates that about 70% of it has had to be renewed and re-fabricated.....even the dusty of roof you can see was completely made from scratch to the original design.....

.....Ben's certainly a clever and talented guy...I hope you don't mind me sharing....

....and when he's not building steam engines he's still producing a few rare Porsche parts to help fund his hobbies. .....

Cheers,

Good stuff Darren
    Ben's a wizard when it comes to metal working; I bought his shortened trailing arms for my car; haven't fitted them yet but trust they will be great.

Something else, I couldn't help but notice the green car in post #149 has one of the special Bosch/Messerschmidt fuel pumps that the 908/917 and some works RSRs were fitted with. Got any details on either the pump or that car? Did they use them on 1974 3.0RSs as well maybe?
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    Something else, I couldn't help but notice the green car in post #149 has one of the special Bosch/Messerschmidt fuel pumps that the 908/917 and some works RSRs were fitted with......
    Ben sure is Patrick .....

...the car you mention is RSR #9086 rebuilt by Freisinger, Armando has some great reference photos on his site..... https://pbase.com/slidevalve911rsr/9...r_sn9114609086

This is only 74 3.0RS or RSR I've seen with this pump configuration as nearly all others have the more usual twin Bosch set-up, this car actually seems to have an additional Bosch pump in the smugglers box.

These Messerschmidt pumps must have been in the race departments thinking at the time.....as you know the Reventlow car you mention in your thread was specified under the direction of Helmut Bott when it was built in 73 and was obviously an option.....incidentally, I saw this car when visiting Niall in Ireland, it's an incredible vehicle with such a cool history and the car from which I acquired the protoype Whale Tail it had fitted early in it's life. Can't wait to see it run

Cheers,

$hit!
    Can you get it on a rotiserie and turned?
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 07-25-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Soz, only kidding ....

....I collected the car on Thursday after nearly a year and many hundreds of hours spent on the restoration and modifications, first time I'd ever seen bulges in my rear view mirror when towing an early 911 shell....

....we were of course always aware that Barry's narrow workshop entrance was too tight for the wide flares so the plan is for him to visit in a couple of weeks to weld on the rears along with final gapping and fettling although we're 98% there now and ready for the next stage.....

....starting to look very sexy ...

Cheers,