Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Shades 4: Los Angeles Arts District 9/14/2019

Looking forward to this... (only thing I'm not looking forward to is LA traffic) and taking my PTS 981 spyder. My longhood is silver so doubt that counts as a "special" colour!!

Would like to take one of my 914's but silver or bahia red won't make the cut!

If this event is done half as good as the magazine itself, it should be worth the drive!
    1971 914- original owner
    1973 914 2.0
    1972 911T targa
    2016 981 spyder
    2014 turbo S coupe
    2019 RS5 sportback

Quote Originally Posted by skl View Post
    Looking forward to this... (only thing I'm not looking forward to is LA traffic) and taking my PTS 981 spyder. My longhood is silver so doubt that counts as a "special" colour!!

Would like to take one of my 914's but silver or bahia red won't make the cut!

If this event is done half as good as the magazine itself, it should be worth the drive!
    Looking forward to meeting you—please come say hello!

And…Bahia would have made the cut, as you don't see it anymore (the advantage just about all older Porsches in older colors have when it comes to Rare Shades). Hell, I suspect old, mid, and late Guards Red might have a shot these days...as I like to say "Guards Red is the new PTS" in a world of white, black, and gray cars...

All right, everyone. We're just about a week away, and want to extend an invitation to everyone here to join us on Saturday—attendance for Rare Shades 4 and the 914 display are free. If you've got a longhood (or something else?) in a cool color, we'd love to see you register it for the show, which is already shaping up to be the biggest Rare Shades so far...and there is still time to register.

The 914 50th display as well as the 914 panel are also coming along nicely...

First introduced in 1969, Porsche’s 914 has only recently begun to be truly appreciated. Please join us at the A+D Museum for a panel discussion moderated by Ray Shaffer from Porsche Classic. Panelists will include 914 racer/dealer Alan Johnson, 914 historian Glenn Stazak, automotive designer/vintage racer Hans Lapine, and 000 editor Pete Stout. Topics will include the 914’s design, engineering, motorsport success, and relevance 50 years later. A number of very special 914 and 914-6 road and race cars will take part in a 50th anniversary display, including—among others—a very early, one-owner 1970 914, the first production 914-6, the first “production” 914-6 GT, a selection of works 914-6 GTs, and a trio of important SCCA race cars from 1970, 1981, and 2005.

Hope to see some of you there!

looking Forward to it!

My car just arrived in Cali. Can't wait...

Hi Pete,

When will you be sending out the emails for people/cars accepted for your show..? Time when to place the cars ..etc..?
    or if you were accepted or not..? Let me or us know..

Thanks,
    Harry

Hello Harry! You should have received something last night, I believe. I will check, but maybe check your spam folder just in case? If you don't have an email, please shoot us a note at info @ 000magazine.com

Thanks!

pete

Quote Originally Posted by h.wong View Post
    Hi Pete,

When will you be sending out the emails for people/cars accepted for your show..? Time when to place the cars ..etc..?
    or if you were accepted or not..? Let me or us know..

Thanks,
    Harry
    Harry...hope to see you at the El Segundo show on Sunday ! Bring Sherwood ...his teener has a gremlin

Pete, THANK YOU for Rare Shades 4. As a spectator, Great relaxing time. The people, cars, DTLA vibe, ALL made it a recipe for success. Good to catch up with you too.
    Loved seeing the new 2017-18-19's in Early 911 colors. Parked next to a Early 911, same color. Hope you do it again in So Cal soon. Hope my Olive Targa will be ready next time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

pics?? :-)
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown