Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the most acurate engine bay decals/stickers for 1973 911S ?

Quote Originally Posted by govols! View Post
    Is the Swedish site hard to contact ?? Tried to email but no luck. Included ”decal” heading .
    Should be ok. Is responsive, but holidays?
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

It's not gold chrome foil, it's anodized aluminum and each set has 2 different tones, no brushed finish

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    What I don't get, is that so much time/energy/focus is spent on fonts and print, but nobody is using the correct gold chrome foil. Which (to me) is a bigger issue for the appearance than an exact 1:1 font.

Did you get anywhere with your reproductions?

Quote Originally Posted by mcampuzano View Post
    It's not gold chrome foil, it's anodized aluminum and each set has 2 different tones, no brushed finish
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I found that all of those currently available have issues (font, surface, colour, etc.,) compared to the originals... I have the ones that were in the car when delivered, but they got a bit of damage when the PO took them off to repaint the car in the early 1970s. So i have them to compare others with.
    There are issues with all the ones I tried - but I haven't tried the Swedish ones.
    I have ones from Aase, Canford, CarBone and one other source, and none really compare to the originals...

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    What I don't get, is that so much time/energy/focus is spent on fonts and print, but nobody is using the correct gold chrome foil. Which (to me) is a bigger issue for the appearance than an exact 1:1 font.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Quote Originally Posted by govols! View Post
    Is the Swedish site hard to contact ?? Tried to email but no luck. Included ”decal” heading .
    He sometimes takes several days. Not to worry.

The Swedish stickers are very good. I needed the ROW timing piece with the TV (vergasser T) for my Italian 73S. It is close to original and all there was at the time. The only issue was that it was very thin foil. I stacked several pieces of aluminum foil duct tape to get the right thickness and its worked out well. Been on the car for years with no problem.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    The only issue was that it was very thin foil. I stacked several pieces of aluminum foil duct tape to get the right thickness and its worked out well.
    Good idea. Gotta try that.

Ya try it. The brand I used is Shurtape AF-100. For electrical and heating/sheetmetal. Electrical supply stores should have it.
    Last edited by steve shea; 08-24-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    That’s what I love about this board - so much ingenuity interlaced with the knowledge. I’ll lock that “gem” away in my memory banks!
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Coming along well, I've reproduced the anodized tones, the smooth surface, graphics, my only problem is getting the smooth surface in a good enough volume to begin production

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    Did you get anywhere with your reproductions?