Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the most acurate engine bay decals/stickers for 1973 911S ?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    He sometimes takes several days. Not to worry.

Agree. Good products, on a rather thin foil but I found, currently the best repros.
    Registry member No.773

I could live with the thin foil, as I already have a roll of that aluminum tape.

My early '72 T only came to me with 2 of the slam panel stickers. For the most part, I'm sure I can find ones that are accurate enough for my purposes. (Driver, not concours)

But I've not been able to find the vehicle capacities sticker that matches mine. None that I've found show the capacity at 620 lbs. as mine does. Most say 590-something.

Name:  IMG_1850.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  97.6 KB
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

^ That's the color!
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

these are mine (1973): check out what I mean with "gold chrome":
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

I also tried to email the Swedes and no response either.
    George Kehler in Tennessee

1955 356 coupe
    1971 911S (knee deep in restoration)
    1997 993 Targa

Quote Originally Posted by H-viken View Post
    I have these. They were the closest I could find and I'm very happy with them. They are printed on vinyl not foil but still very good. Ake is a great guy to deal with. He is probably away on holiday but he will get back to you.

I could not find any that were a good match in color.
    I had some originals, my friend had some originals, and I could see originals at Canepa from time to time.

I got some from carbone, and then I had a special yellow transparent paint. duplicolor metalcast. yellow anodized.

I did several test...the metalcast would scratch too easy, just with my finger....micro scratches.
    in the end, I painted with the metalcast yellow, then added a layer of catalyzed clear auto paint. so I could polish out once in a while.

the decal on the right is a NOS anodized foil...and I can hardly tell any difference. and my new decals matched most of the samples I had.
    Name:  01D2141C-036C-422B-9CF9-A1CC6DD1AEEC.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  125.2 KB

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

color looks really good! You used the Carbone as basis?
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

This is a comparison of the sticker samples I have: Canford, Carbone, Skaraborgsflyg (Sweden), Porsche current and Porsche (original 1 and 2). (I understood Aase doesn't offer complete sets of the same origin, but a mixture of current Porsche and own (= Carbone?)). My two original stickers have 2 different tones: One more "goldish" than the other one; Both have yellow/gold chrome appearance.
    Solely looking at color appearance (so not base material structure, thickness, font, etc), the Carbone and the Skaraborgsflyg have the gold-chrome finish, of which the latter one comes closest to the lightest of the original Porsche sticker.
    The current Porsche and Canford have a brushed aluminum (thicker) gold-coloured base (no reflective chrome), of which the Canford looks more "brownish gold" and current Porsche more "greenish gold".

Name:  IMG_20190901_140902!.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  79.0 KB

with different light:
    Name:  P1060229 mct.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  87.7 KB

Chosing between the structure of base-material, the Carbon is more even, whereas the Skaraborgsflyg shows more structure.

with sun showing reflectiveness:
    Name:  IMG_20190901_140801.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  66.9 KB

My conclusion (just based on color appearance!);
    Overall, the Skaraborgsflyg comes closest "as-is": If the base colour of Carbone would be more yellow/gold chrome, then that would be a favorite as well (albeit, that the font seems too thick). I'll be trying to see how to modify the color (and get a bit more thickness along the way). To be continued..
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

Thanks for these comparisons !! Very interesting !! Keep up the research !!
    George Kehler in Tennessee

1955 356 coupe
    1971 911S (knee deep in restoration)
    1997 993 Targa