My plan to obtain a C of A from Porsche for my car is on hold. I have a 73 911T that came out of an extensive recommissioning last summer. I adore it, but it had been a stock class PCA racer for decades. It now has the Webers, headers, S brakes, bigger torsion bars, Konis, and alignment it raced with, as well as a Carrera type interior to replace the scabby, typical non-existent interior it had on the track. Thanks to Hugh and the usual subjects on the forum, it seems very likely it has its original engine and gearbox. I was hoping to confirm this and I was curious to find out what other options it arrived in the showroom with. Not a huge deal, but I was enjoying trying to establish the car's history and it seems this info is helpful for valuing the car.

The new procedure evidently requires a extensive inspection of the car by a Porsche rep to determine if its originality has been compromised (my wording) and I'm guessing it would come to a screeching halt when he saw the stuff I mentioned above. I know Porsche is probably doing this to provide some legal cover in cases where our now expensive cars are not as they are described. But I'm wondering if anyone has done the new process with a car similar to this?