Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vent window seal replacement

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Chiming in here ... have replaced the vent window seals on two SWB 911s in the past 2 years. Buy genuine Porsche from the get-go! Tried the Uro ones - impossible to install without feeling like I was going to break something (mainly my fufu) Bought the Porsche ones, lubed them up and they went right on. Second time, it was a no-brainer and was just as easy!
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

I finished polishing up my 68 aluminum window frames (used 67 latches) that will be going in my rsr.

I gave the Uro 2.0 seals a shot and they were very easy to install with the window frame disassembled of course. They did need a clean up on the exterior visible seal portion as the seal lip that rests against vent window frame was rough and not a clean cut. I used scissors to cut the excess rubber off before installing the seals in the frames. The perimeter of the seals lined up perfectly with frame. A hole also has to be made in the pivot location on the new seal (just used a pointy pick).

Name:  IMG_7065.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  138.5 KBName:  IMG_7066.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  133.7 KBName:  IMG_7067.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  83.3 KBName:  IMG_7071.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  237.2 KBName:  IMG_7072.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  59.1 KBName:  IMG_7074.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  175.3 KBName:  IMG_7076.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  120.2 KB

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Good idea Edoyle! My frames were installed into newly painted doors, so dismantling again wasn’t going to happen. But good plan to plan install beforehand!
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Thanks for the update Edoyle!

Just so everyone has a bit of background, we scrapped our entire inventory of our original vent window seals Fall of 2018, and ran our first batch of second-generation seals (with softer durometer rubber) about three months ago. We have these new "V2.0" seals in stock in our warehouse, which means they're now available through Pelican, Rock Auto, etc. This new softer version has the four digit code "7082" or higher on the label.

If anyone in the USA purchased the original version of these seals and had problems, please contact us via PM or "sales at uro parts dot com" with your purchase details (purchase date, retailer, order number, name & shipping address) and we'll be happy to get you as set of the new seals at no charge as warranty replacements. If you're outside of the USA, still contact us and we'll work out the shipping with you.