Thread: 1969 911 Emergency Flasher Turn Signal Indicators

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1969 911 Emergency Flasher Turn Signal Indicators

When the emergency flasher is turned on, should the turn signal indicators both blink on the tach?
    Mine do not.
    The bulb on the flasher switch does blink.

Thanks,

I haven't bothered to trace the circuitry but for what it's worth when my hazard flasher is working only the lamp in the switch illuminates and the lamps in the instrument housing remain dark. It all probably makes sense from an electrical standpoint since the 1969 hazard flasher is unique to that year. So long as mine is working I have little incentive to delve deeper into the subject.

Thanks for your response. My hazard switch is operating the same as yours. It seems that the turn signal indicators should both flash when looking at the sl-33 diagram. It might be a contact in the switch. I will check the voltage at the switch l and r.

My 69T operates the same as you and ejboyd. Also if the key is on and I have the indicator set to left or right and it’s blinking within the tach and I pull the hazard, it’s stops and only blinks within the knob of the e flasher.

All three of my '69 cars are the same.

Much appreciated.

'69 owners are not alone. I found this article: https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=943143. (Until 84 the signal indicators did not flash with the emergency flash on).