Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hard hit......356...on YT

hard hit......356...on YT

was just looking thru pics on SCD from Carmel Concours....

and noticed some Ron Goodman cars.....very nice....

so I searched and found this on YT.....man o man that car just pushed straight into cement barrier...strange...bad hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-767N_-ew

Jeff H.
    72 911
    914-6 GT

Thumbs up

Ron Goodman, quite the guy...
    Fast and beautifully prepped 356...

He let me park by his pit for awhile at the 2014 Historics…..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Wow. He needs to learn to race. Both were clear error in judgments from the videos. He could have killed that guy.

He said it was a broken diff on the first hit...
    Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Wow. He needs to learn to race. Both were clear error in judgments from the videos. He could have killed that guy.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Wow. He needs to learn to race. (...)
    don't know Ron personally, but I've seen him race before and he's got more capability than most of us! The way he threw that 356 into corners... Respect!
    Last edited by patrick911; 09-02-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    don't know Ron personally, but I've seen him race before and he's got more capability than most of us! The way he threw that 356 into corners... Respect!
    Maybe. Many of us have pounded around these tracks for years though I admit I was never on the podium despite Emory always having my car well prepared. But tell how he went right over on the second video? I never raced an open wheel and was always afraid of this scenario. That driver was lucky to have lived.

As for the 356, it appeared he had a bad line and dropped a wheel into the soft gravel and lost control. I need to watch it again but I’m on a jetblue plane right now! I’ve broken a half shaft racing and a few other mishaps but this? Of course you throttle steer a 356 as well as a 911. Whole point of taking advantage of oversteer.

member #1515
    Who lets open wheelers out with street cars? The guy in the formula was lucky, but it was his fault.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Who lets open wheelers out with street cars? The guy in the formula was lucky, but it was his fault.
    Agreed they shouldn’t mix but what’s your theory on how it was his fault?

I recall the Porsche having plenty of room to the walk and the car being overtaken doesn’t need to yield his line. Even if he drifted out it’s his line as he just needs to give the space to the wall but by memory it’s not clear he drifted much of at all. I mean it’s just vintage racing with no stakes and mixed ability of driver and cars so why even make it an issue?

Seems like some hot drivers do develop red mist. I knew one who was very fast but often would spin out. I never liked sharing the track with him as he pushed it unreasonably hard. Either won or dnf.
    Last edited by rower; 09-02-2019 at 11:06 PM.

How can you blame anyone but the open wheeler driver is beyond me. He moves right into the path of a car that seriously has nowhere else to go!
    When i drove 10 laps on the nürburgring in my 2.4t, i knew that i was more vulnerable, so i kept out of the way of the faster cars with their extra safety measures.
    Yes, ofcourse you can hope the bigger guys are careful, but common sense and survival instinct tell me to move out of the way
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"