Thread: NOS Mahle 2.2S pistons and cylinders

NOS Mahle 2.2S pistons and cylinders

I bought these from a long standing member here a few years ago for a project that never happened.

NOS Mahle 2.2S Nikasil pistons and cylinders

4 x cylinders size 6
    2 x cylinders size 5

I can send many more detailed pictures of each item.

$3,000 including shipping within continental US

Cheers,

Ben.

IMG_6610.jpgIMG_6612.jpgIMG_6614.jpgIMG_6616.jpgIMG_6621.jpgIMG_6622.jpgIMG_6625.jpgIMG_6633.jpgIMG_6656.jpg
    Last edited by ELSPORTO; 09-03-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: incorrect cylinder size info - and updated shipping info - now revised

Weekend bump!

Too expensive?

What about $3,000 including shipping within continental US ?

Quote Originally Posted by ELSPORTO View Post
    4 x cylinders size 6
    2 x cylinders size 5
    Were all 6 from the same box? I thought a Mahle set would have all the same size barrels and pistons?

GLWS

That's what I was wondering too...
    Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    Were all 6 from the same box? I thought a Mahle set would have all the same size barrels and pistons?

GLWS
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I'm really not sure - I didn't buy them new.

Size mixing is not an issue, I remember being told many years ago as a young lad in a Porsche shop that you can intermix with the next size group with no problem. Really sweet set of p/cs and the Nikasil cylinders are far superior to birel just for their ability to pull heat from the engine.

Thanks Mark - I've had the same advice.

Was also told you could machine one of the number 6's down a fraction and run 3 x 6's on one bank and 3 x 5's on the other.

Still gottem if anyone's interested!

Cheers, Ben.

How good are these ????

And shipped to your door in the US ... makes them practically free!

PM me an offer - worse thing that could happen is I'll say "thanks, but no thanks"