Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP: MFI pump lost in shipping, will need another...

NEED HELP: MFI pump lost in shipping, will need another...

Wee, the sh*t has hit the fan. The package with my MFI pump headed to Supertec got comprehensively destroyed by the postal services…
    The pump is gone, likely forever.

So, who has a '69 2.0E MFI pump for sale, to be shipped to Supertech for revision?

CRAP!
    Last edited by GeorgeK; 08-20-2019 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling, and to add one :mad:

George, I feel for you.
    Out of interest and perhaps a ''heads up'' which Postal service 'were' you using?
    Mark

Std postal services in Switzerland, and I gather USPS stateside.
    Oh well, in over 30 years doing this, it is the first real bummer. I'll survive. But these few Gs would have been used elsewhere.
    What irks me most is the nonchalant way public services treat other peoples' stuff.

Did you take out insurance?

Yes, but not as high as the pump's value, that would have made shipping a nightmare (special carrier and shipping cost close to 500$ - should have in hindsight, but can't do that for every package).

Collecting insurance is one thing, but finding a replacement pump is the bigger challenge.

Was it a 002 or a 006? Seen 69S pumps for sale in the past quite regularly but not too many for the "E".
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

The tags from the pump:

The 69E ran either a 002 or a 006 pump, that's why I asked. You have a 002 but could run either.
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

There is a 006 pump on Ebay. Not sure what pumps go for these days but looks pretty steep to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911....c100667.m2042
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

Mfi pump

I have this one available. Very complete...... cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.