Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEED HELP: MFI pump lost in shipping, will need another...

Found this on facebook, if this helps.

Godfrey Everett‎

to

Classic Porsche Australia Classifieds
    1 hr ·

MFI Pump Bosch [hidden information] suits 1969 911S
    $2,900
    Perth, Western Australia
    MFI Pump Bosch 0408 126 005 suits 1969 911S 2.2 Litre Engine
    Pump includes Solenoids and an extra Gear Wheel. The pump was operating perfectly when removed and the mechanicals turn free and smooth.
    The 1969 MFI Pump can be used on various 2 Ltr Porsche engines and is also the basis of the 2.8RSR and the 3Ltr RSR and have been used on the 911R

Thank you all.
    Contacts have been taken, I'll see how things develop, but should come out without too much damage in the end.
    This forum is great.

Sorry to hear your problems.

I have two 2 litre S pumps if it helps but no E pumps. I am in the U.K.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

George,
    In 69 there were four pumps. 001 and 005 were for the 69S (I am running a 005) and 002 and 006 were the 69E. I'm not an expert but the difference is the pump cams they are running as the S would be tuned differently than the E. A good rebuilder shoud be able modify an S pump to work with your E configuration.
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

I have several people who have come forward to me with '69 E pumps, and Henry at Supertech has a good core off a '69 E as well, so I should be set. I want to give it a few days in the unlikely case the post office stumbles on my pump in their truck or warehouse, but I am not holding my breath.