Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Frank Beck...

Quote Originally Posted by one-two View Post
    Okay, rather than coming across as an opinionated and pompous bore - which you currently do - why don't you show us some skills by drafting something better. Shouldn't be difficult, right? We can then show our gratitude by picking it apart
    Ha ! Said the Pom. I guess we are into name calling now ?
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1974 914 2.0 - Yellow
    1997 993 C4S Coupe - Silver

No worries. I am opinionated. And I may be pompous. Probably arrogant to boot.

But I care. That's the only reason I'm part of this discussion, regardless of what anyone thinks of me personally.
    Member # 2530
    The early ones...
    1965 911 (301100), 1965 911 (301331), 1967 912/6, 1968 912 Soft Window Targa, 1969 911S Soft Window Targa, 1969 912 Coupe, 1969 912 Sunroof Coupe, 1970 911T Sunroof Coupe, 1972 911T Coupe, 1973 911S Targa

Quote Originally Posted by setho View Post
    I don't know Frank personally and I wouldn't consider myself a cheerleader in any sense. But I also don't believe I've really seen him be a bully either. Online communication can be difficult for sure, especially if you try to apply your own sensiblities to others statements.

As for comparing the guy who has been a valuable part of the community, even with his gruff online persona, to a wife beater seems as bad as than anything Frank ever said.
    Setho, Here you go, see post 6 http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=bully
    registry #2072

Quote Originally Posted by jim amato View Post
    Oh geez. That was a joke. Not a confessional.
    Member # 2530
    The early ones...
    1965 911 (301100), 1965 911 (301331), 1967 912/6, 1968 912 Soft Window Targa, 1969 911S Soft Window Targa, 1969 912 Coupe, 1969 912 Sunroof Coupe, 1970 911T Sunroof Coupe, 1972 911T Coupe, 1973 911S Targa

Attached Images Attached Images
    66 911 primer
    63B coupe, Irish Green
    Allentown, PA

John Audette - Porsche Lighting Anorak
    Concours Restoration of SWB/LWB Headlamps & Turn Signals, H1's & H4's + LED’s
    The Air Cooled 911 Light Resource => AudetteCollection.com

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    …I do think that everyone has a right to see what Frank posted. The post in question was in regard to the upcoming Rare Shades 4 event being held at the A+D (Architecture + Design) Museum in Los Angeles.

Following is the post by Frank that resulted in the decision to ban him. Warning, if you do not wish to see Frank's post or have any concerns that it may offend you, do not click the following link:

CLICK HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Guess I missed the brouhaha. Until I saw this post today, that is.

Not really all that surprised by Frank's comment. Had I seen it, I probably would've said something like, "No, but we'll be happy to incorporate a Sepia 911."

Quote Originally Posted by jaudette3 View Post
    I'm beginning to worry that this "innocent bantering" could lead to unintended negative consequences. I witnessed the brouhaha at the 356 Registry through a very close friend who was the key participate on the Registry side and, although the Registry prevailed, it was a Pyrrhic victory. What is the ultimate goal here?
    ^ Among the more prescient posts in this thread, though I haven't read most of its 300+ posts. Yes, NPC politics can definitely have unintended consequences for people who have nothing to do with the political matter at hand, and don't wish to. (I got to learn the un-fun way.)

I hope those involved can find a good way forward. The ESR is a pretty special thing, in my view (as a 914 guy who nevertheless has always felt welcome here).
    Last edited by stout; 09-08-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    Guess I missed the brouhaha. Until I saw this post today, that is.

Not really all that surprised by Frank's comment. Had I seen it, I probably would've said something like, "No, but we'll be happy to incorporate a Sepia 911."

^ Among the more prescient posts in this thread, though I haven't read most of its 300+ posts. Yes, NPC politics can definitely have unintended consequences for people who have nothing to do with the political matter at hand, and don't wish to. (I got to learn the un-fun way.)

I hope those involved can find a good way forward. The ESR is a pretty special thing, in my view (as a 914 guy who nevertheless has always felt welcome here).
    Thanks, Pete.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111