Thread: Inertia reel spacer

Inertia reel spacer

There is a spacer, part number 911.803.151.00 that goes between the baseplate of the inertia reel and the body mounting point.

It is NLA and I can’t even find a picture. Does anyone know how long it is so I can make one?

Thanks
    Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Ravi, If you are talking about the round ring style spacer I think you could duplicate it with a couple of washers or one thick washer. I recently removed my roll bar and competition seat belts and re-installed the factory belts with the retractor. It's hard to see in the picture but look closely and you'll see the stock spacer that I think you are looking for. I think the purpose of this spacer is to keep the back plate of the seat belt inertia reel far enough away from the body to clear the side panel upholstery and still allow you to firmly attach the inertial reel to inner body of the car. It looks like a thick washer with an inside diameter large enough to fit around the area in the body the bolt holding the seat belt inertia reel goes into. It was about 1/8" thick or a little more, so any washer that thick or combination of washers to make up that thickness should work. By the way...it can be a real pain to hold this washer in place and start the bolt because the bolt is short and you have to hold the bolt and inertia reel at the same time. An extra set of hands would help get it started. I solved the problem by stuffing some paper in the socket so the bolt couldn't go too deep in the socket and that allowed me to push the bolt in with the socket hard enough to get it started. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

OK, I'm an idiot and thanks for helping me Richard. Turns out I have them in place already! They were solidly held in with the adhesive that holds the pads, so I though they were part of the body and that there was some kind of additional spacer!

For future reference for others, here's a picture. The height is 9 mm.

I'll go hide in the corner with my dunce cap on for a 15 minute time out.

Ravi

Name:  IhNVvJ61Q9egksXLTyfWyw.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  94.3 KB
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK