Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: A Proposal to Establish Member Control of the ESR

ATA Boy Adam

Quote Originally Posted by The chief View Post
    @rower...Yep, that's the only reason for the effort to seize control. There's a good reason for banning guys who go against forum policy by belittling and badgering others. The civility rule boosts membership. More people would post more often if they weren't afraid of being made to look like an idiot. Live from new York, it's appears to me like you're doing your best to f' up a good thing.
    Good post Adam
    You'd be surprised how many of us agree with you....
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

LiveFromNY,

I get it. You want a better site. You are smarter, have more funds and probably have the skill set to build a better site in a week. Why don’t you go ahead and do that. Do it the American way and compete. If the community prefers your site, membership will go down, and the board of directors will learn and hopefully listen.

But please do not tear this site apart now. Majority on the site enjoy it for what it is... a forum to talk about cars. Nothing more.

+1 preach it!!!
    registry #2072

Quote Originally Posted by Bummler View Post
    You'd be surprised how many of us agree with you....
    I joined this site in 2002. For the price of a good dinner, you get a quarterly magazine and a Forum to gain knowledge, sell or buy trinkets or a car.
    Its all I wanted then, it's all I want now. I was never promised a vote or anything else and had it taken away. I never thought the S Registry had to have the Nordstrom policy.

If the IRS has a problem with the Registry, MH and CM will answer for it. There is no need to help them save themselves. They'll answer for it.

I have spoken with many members who signed up before me and after me. ALL feel the same. Confidence in CM and MH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Quote Originally Posted by flipper View Post
    LiveFromNY,

I get it. You want a better site. You are smarter, have more funds and probably have the skill set to build a better site in a week. Why don’t you go ahead and do that. Do it the American way and compete. If the community prefers your site, membership will go down, and the board of directors will learn and hopefully listen.

But please do not tear this site apart now. Majority on the site enjoy it for what it is... a forum to talk about cars. Nothing more.
    Flipper, I agree...Some would say Capitalism at its Best....don't like it, think you can do Better, start another site, be the competition. You already have Rules and Regs and By-Laws written. Volunteers are waiting to help. You'll have Transparency and all that stuff.

S Registry membership/activity may go down, you will be proven right. My gut feeling, no one will know who left and who arrived as a result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

LiveFromNY,

I get it. You want a better site. You are smarter, have more funds and probably have the skill set to build a better site in a week. Why donít you go ahead and do that. Do it the American way and compete. If the community prefers your site, membership will go down, and the board of directors will learn and hopefully listen.

This is also a byproduct of the 356 Registry problems. A bunch of people quit the club and one guy started abcgt.com and a bunch of people go there now. So it's a more fractured community, with many wanting to re-join but pride keeps them from doing it. Had the Registry not stonewalled some of what they did, the people who were un-happy probably couldn't have gained as much traction. Here we have an opportunity for the current board to accept some changes and an evolution of the club. Remember, the clubs, just like our cars will probably out-live all of us, we have a duty to be good custodians of not just the cars, but the community in general. So I do not advocate people going to start another place, stay here, and like Tim Gunn says, "Make It Work!"

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Been a member since 2005 and have only had good experiences with C & M and believe fundamentally they have only good intentions. I understand the legal issues and the need for being in compliance but I don’t personally care if I have a vote as a member. This site and all those involved, whether members or not, have been very helpful to me and has been an invaluable resource. I agree with all the comments about slowing this process down and letting everyone take a few deep breadths.

Peace,

Craig "Doc" Goodman
    Early 911S Registry #795
    ‘72 911 S Coupe
    Peace,

Craig "Doc" Goodman
    S Registry #795
    Ď72 911 S Coupe (Signal Orange)

LiveFromNY,

You actually don’t get it. But we have agreed to not comment anymore.
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1974 914 2.0 - Yellow
    1997 993 C4S Coupe - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Simonjjb View Post
    You actually donít get it. But we have agreed to not comment anymore.
    I am sorry.