Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: A Proposal to Establish Member Control of the ESR

Quote Originally Posted by eprnjp View Post
    LivefromNY go away, you're becoming quite boring. I'll pay you 5 years dues myself if you need the money.
    I'll go in on that...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

I was once a member of a club which I came to find out I didn’t agree with the way it was being run. I found the easiest and least stressful way for me to handle it was to no longer pay my dues. Maybe this is solution here. What will you be giving up: receiving Esses. No need for a legal team. You can participate online. You can sleep well at night not having to worry about voting rights, transparency, or any nightmares this site has been giving you.
    John Thompson

1966 912-first car 31 years ago and still my driver.

LivefromNY go away, you're becoming quite boring. I'll pay you 5 years dues myself if you need the money.
    Agreed .... Ban that guy too..lol

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Rower why all these personal attacks? Just say you disagree with fixing the IRS problem and allowing members voting rights, pretty simple. In my opinion your post is worse than anything Frank Beck ever posted.
    Because he threatens with lawyers and creating division.

I agree I was too harsh. And while I drove to 1am and was tired, in a obscure hotel room, it’s still no excuse.

Fine. I’m out. I’ll self ban.
    The early Sís...

1967 S Coupe
    1970 S Targa
    1973 RS Coupe (an honorary S?)

Honestly, the attack made in post #1 and related supporting posts, has proven to be that harassing, threatening, and objectionable, that I really do not understand why some accounts are still active and this thread is not closed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Rower why all these personal attacks? Just say you disagree with fixing the IRS problem and allowing members voting rights, pretty simple. In my opinion your post is worse than anything Frank Beck ever posted.
    Mike, thank you. The calls from the “6” to keep this civil and non-personal have fallen largely on deaf ears. The same thing is true in our country, if one can’t debate on the pluses and minuses of the suggestions then just resort to attacks. I agree, a good portion of the vocal opposition are “Franking” us.

BAN THEM, BAN THEM ALL........

JUST kidding, I’m sure this too will be taken WAY out of context.

We’re all:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reg#2218

Silly post
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1974 914 2.0 - Yellow
    1997 993 C4S Coupe - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bummler View Post
    I'll go in on that...
    Please send that as a Donation. You'll have no idea what it will be used for, but it will make you feel better.
    1974 914 2.0 - Yellow

Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I spent a day driving 356’s with other enthusiasts to celebrate Porsche’s birthday today.

And to come back and read this.

I still don’t know what you think you are going to improve and why you feel so compelled to create change. Who is going to donate their time when Chuck leaves and what will be improved?

Your suggestions were good. You got ignored however. . That doesn’t mean you need to press it to break things.

“You are left no choice but to instruct your lawyers...”. Really? If you need to get lawyers involved then you are in the wrong as this issue isn’t that important. Why are you trying to throw your weight around? Why make this so divisive? I believe you are doing more harm than any good that will come out of this. From the posts I read many are offended by your approach. You are deciding that your views are more important and forcing an issue on everyone. To somehow get a vote and transparency - which seem just phrases in the absence of knowing what you want to change.

Frankly you and your views just aren’t that important here. (Nor are mine btw) I’m sure they will be happy to reimburse you the couple hundred dollars you spent in dues. I’d contribute to that to make you go away happy.

Go start another company to occupy your time. Maybe get some more Porsche’s. (Um, no, don’t get in to 356’s as we don’t need you on that forum). Come out to California and you can go drive with me. We’ll go out in a few spectacular Porsche’s - a life event for you -which will make you forget this forum stuff.

And while I admire your loyalty to Frank he too drove people away. He should come back on probation; I’d like that, not that my view should matter here.

Rower,

I'll take you up on your offer for reimbursement.
    1974 914 2.0 - Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Simonjjb View Post
    Silly post
    What is most silly?
    1/ pay 5 annual fees to get rid of one member, to save a forum
    2/ pay +10k personally to lawyers to try to blow up a (competing?) forum