Thread: Identification 9117212727

Identification 9117212727

Hey
    It's my first connection on this forum and i would like to have more information with this serial number 9117212727 before buying the classic 911
    thanks for your help
    Ben

Lightbulb

Ben,

Welcome to the board...

From the VIN it seems you're looking at a very late production U.S. 1977 911S Targa.
    The production numbers went from 0001 to 2747.. so it's almost the last one in '77 production...

Hope this helps,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Ben,

Welcome to the board...

From the VIN it seems you're looking at a very late production U.S. 1977 911S Targa.
    The production numbers went from 0001 to 2747.. so it's almost the last one in '77 production...

Hope this helps,
    Chuck
    thanks for your answer

yes it' a targa US model 2,7S from 77

how can i make a verification if the engine number, color... are ok before making a big jump in my dream?
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BendeBG View Post
    thanks for your answer

yes it' a targa US model 2,7S from 77

how can i make a verification if the engine number, color... are ok before making a big jump in my dream?
    Ben
    Ben

You haven't provided the engine number or Color code info from the car. We can only make an educated assumption as the the correctness/"numbers matching" aspect of the engine. That can only be affirmed by the factory via a Kardex of a Certificate of Authenticity or whatever is is called these days. Am I guessing correctly that you are not located in the US?
    Provide those numbers and we can make a SWAG about the engine.

Regards

Jim
    PS: The engine number and the paint code number will be on or in the car.

thanks for your help
    exact i'm not located in the US but the car came from the US
    the engine number is 6275935 (is it a real 2,7 S 175 CV?)
    the color is metallic Burgundy the number on the car is 436-9-3
    there is also another number written with the references of the tire ( 185/70 VR 15) with is 911.006.512.07 but i don't know what this mean?
    another number is 901.101.101.7R
    tanks for my learning i'm so excited...
    Ben

Your engine number denotes it as a US 77 911S 2.7. Again, it is near the end of the run and the chances that is the original engine are very high. 77s came with a few upgrades from 76 that make it more desirable, IMHO. They have larger brakes (A calipers vs M calipers) and more than likely, they are equipped with a front oil cooler. 2 very good things.

Regards

Jim

Original owner

Ben
    I am the original owner of this 911S Targa. When I sold it, it was all original except belts, shift bushings
    sway bar bushings, light switch cover, filters & gas tank cleaned& sealed. I was told it was in Paris, I would like to
    keep up with it, if you don't mind? Thanks, Larry