Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ultimate 2.8 RSR Thread

This thread is getting traction now.
    I was curious on non RSR chassis cars were raced as RSR spec in 73-75? Somewhat like ST cars were from 70-72
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

It is almost impossible to get any firm information on how many or which non RSR's raced as RSR's. There would have been quite a number of them, especially by 1975 or later but confirmation can only come from knowing the history of specific cars - which with race cars is very difficult.
    that is because from the very first of the 911's they were continually upgraded. Certainly LWB cars were upgraded to RSR 2.9 spec RSR3.0 and later to 935 including right through to tube frame IMSA cars. I recall I even seen references to a SWB upgraded to full 935 specs somewhere
    Once the parts were available it was a matter of putting them on an existing tub and going racing
    There are a number of histories of the factory built ones around but this part of it is very under researched and difficult to pin down
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Here's an interesting factory photo posted by Kobus Cantraine on his Instagram account

Name:  IMG_6118.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  94.1 KB