Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Back to life...double entendre intended : )

Speedo, love what you are doing, the fun stuff putting a new to you car back on the road with a lot of what you have and your skill's. Proof of why we keep the bits of previous projects around and putting them to use making this one whole to get back on the road to be driven and always help & parts from friends!
    Dave finished a complete restoration of the Targa top for my 71 a few weeks back, just stunning craftsmanship! For the sagging liner you might try what I did for the folks old Buick I had inherited that the valor head liner started sagging. I took a small pointed knife & poked very small holes in different areas in the head liner, then used the upholstery adhesive with a nozzle with the plastic tube like carb cleaner & others. stuck it in the holes and sprayed around inside the head liner then pressed it up to reapply it, worked pretty good. The Targa top should be much easier and smaller. Maybe unlock the braces like folding it to get more slack to work with on the liner, spray into different areas, open the brackets to fully open the top press the headliner into place and possibly place other materials on it to weigh it down while it cures. The black should be easy to hide your piercing in the liner, much easier than the light blue Buick! (use a piece of cloth to hold the tube & nozzle together when spraying & solvent handy!)

Keep up the good work!

True style is not assigned by the masses but earned through experience...... embrace.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    True style is not assigned by the masses but earned through experience...... embrace.
    Luke,
    You hold your ammo...more than most. I'll take that as a small compliment.
    registry# 1283

The patch work facia is as bitchin as the red deck lid.

A cracked dash top will set it off... lose that ugly rug.

Quote Originally Posted by ELSPORTO View Post
    The patch work facia is as bitchin as the red deck lid.

A cracked dash top will set it off... lose that ugly rug.
    Ok... make the children leave the room. First picture is with the hairpiece. Next pictures are without ....told you.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    registry# 1283

One small step for mankind...

The turn signals are still problematic. The stalk looks like it was chewed on. Personally if I was a stalk that looked like this...I would be humiliated and refuse to communicate with the flashers.
    registry# 1283

A replacement is in order

Not sure what year this is from...has the same wires in similar harnesses. We'll go with it. Ended up with this "Club" years ago and it works great for removing steering wheels. I'm pretty sure that this is what it's intended original use was .
    registry# 1283

This all needed to be cleaned up any way

Yuck...The replacement better work.
    registry# 1283

Better...

So the new switch is cleaner and all hooked up. Much nicer and it gave me a chance to go through the horn system...lotta good as now it still doesn't work.
    Now the turns are illuminated on the correct all four corners, but they don't flash, and the headlights don't work...unless the turn signal indicates a left turn on high beams , then the headlights come on
    Hey...I can move to a third world country and fit right in....
    registry# 1283

No beauty in that patina.....car needs a mercy Dash repair or replacement.......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"