Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to life...double entendre intended : )

A good story that it well written becomes a great story. Very entertaining, Speedo, thanks for sharing. Now, pictures!

Back to life...

As this was not a restoration thread...I didn't bother taking pics when I got the chassis, but here are a few.
    Again...stuff I took off that was heinous.
    Note how dark the rear glass was. You couldn't see through it. Was this "cool" at some point?
    This was amazingly hard to remove. NASA should use this stuff for the exterior tiles on the space shuttles.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by speedo; 10-13-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    registry# 1283

Back to life

It continues...nasty bumperettes and replacement lid. Amco bumper bar gone.
    registry# 1283

Back to life

Dry car from CA, and the only rust that was obvious was driver side battery box (that wasn't that bad) but I replaced it anyways. New Miata Deltek battery engineered into the new box and the refurbished gas tank and sender. Do you think the front torsion bars need to be indexed...hmmm.
    registry# 1283

Back to life

And after TB indexing, brake bleed, and general sorting. Squint and visualize light yellow. She starts right up, and anxious to head down the road. I'll put a few "Italian tuneup" miles on her and then tweek the MFI. Very happy little car. And I am lucky to be the owner. Like a lost dog returned home after a few year hiatus.
    I am pretty sure that deep down...this is what this forum is all about.

Speedo
    registry# 1283

Well done, on many fronts. I appreciate you posting this. Love that red ‘thing’ thru the windshield in the last pic 😁
    Reg#2218

Subscribed
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Thanks for sharing. Like the good old days....
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

[QUOTE=speedo;1033273]As this is the ESR, and we periodically get "sidetracked" with stuff that is not about the cars we are passionate about...I thought I would try to provide a pleasant distraction to some of our daily politics.

Thanks m'friend...for a great thread.

Attachment 502814
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 10-05-2019 at 02:50 PM.

[QUOTE Love that red ‘thing’ thru the windshield in the last pic ��[/QUOTE]

Its a wicked poster of my favorite Porsche...we all can dream, right?

Local PCA buddy Walt helped me re-bleed the brakes. I now have some resistance on the pedal...nice to not have to rely on the e-brake to slow down. Taking slightly longer trips from the homestead. Flat spot up to 2k is getting better. Maybe the MFI pump was "gunked up" from sitting for so many years. Realized I have no interior rear view mirror! Of course...I should have know, it was in the glovebox, where all rear view mirrors go for vacation. The 915 feels great 1st - 4th. If it is warm tomorrow, the top comes off...for a short time at least. We are supposed to get snow on Thursday.

And no...the picture of the attorney in the previous post is not me...I have more hair. I'd also rather wear carharts than a suit...just say'in.
    Last edited by speedo; 10-05-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    registry# 1283