Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1967 911 - Dash paint

Hi Brad,

I will try and take some pictures and send this weekend. We used the glove box to match and played a little bit with the amount of flattener. I will have to review my notes. We also used it straight on top of the undercoating and to do the black out on the doors, seat rail stands, tunnel, etc. Happy with how it came out and as pointed out by others much more durable than a non catalyzed product.

JK

Thanks Joris,

I found another thread of yours showing the Glasurit Rallye Black on the inside of your project. Looks great. I have been checking around over here and most paint suppliers have not heard of Glasurit Rallye Black. Do you recall if it is code 22-1250?

Best regards,

Brad
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Davis View Post
    Thanks Joris,

I found another thread of yours showing the Glasurit Rallye Black on the inside of your project. Looks great. I have been checking around over here and most paint suppliers have not heard of Glasurit Rallye Black. Do you recall if it is code 22-1250?

Best regards,

Brad
    r22-1250M it is over here

Thanks Franz,

The "M" in r22-1250M looks to be for Matt. This still has a satin finish when cured? Sorry for all the questions, just flying blind a bit with our paint reps over here.

I may just buy this from a dealer in the UK.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glasurit-22...UAAOSwnHZYlMa8
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Davis View Post
    Thanks Franz,

The "M" in r22-1250M looks to be for Matt. This still has a satin finish when cured? Sorry for all the questions, just flying blind a bit with our paint reps over here.

I may just buy this from a dealer in the UK.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glasurit-22...UAAOSwnHZYlMa8
    ralleyschwarz matt it is....

Just a note; eventhough my car will be painted with Glasurit 22-line and really like that paint, some other brands have Rally Black matt acrylic as well if you have dealer nearby (and basicly impossible to tell any difference)
    - Ville -

1967 911 Slate Grey/red, fully restored + 66' "r-ish" hotrod project

One of the reasons I like the SEM Hot Rod Black kit is that the specified component quantities always yield the same sheen across batches. Those of you who want to use separate components as suggested above by some respondents (e.g. a single stage color to which flattener and catalyst are then added outside of a manufacturer specified ratio) should be aware that small variances in amount of flattener and/or catalyst added will have a significant impact on dried sheen, and therefore these "mix it yourself" efforts might very well yield different dried sheens across batches. As you might imagine this is especially problematic if you want to do a "touch up" or scratch repair at a later time. Catalyst always adds gloss; the more catalyst, the more gloss. More coats add more gloss. You can turn what would have been a satin into a semi-gloss with a bit too much catalyst or a couple of "extra" coats. Reduced gloss finishes are tricky.

Best in terms of close to original for the dash are Wuerth RAl 9005 matte deep black or Rustoleum 7777-502 Satin Black Enamel Paint or Krylon 53565 Semi-Flat Black