Thread: Vasek Polak - license plate frame value?

Vasek Polak - license plate frame value?

From my internet search, there seems to be various editions of Vasek Polak frames...would appreciate thoughts as to the value of this steel/chrome frame. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Vasek Polak Frame Values

Vasek Polak's dealership was selling Porsches for ~40 years and there are numerous versions of the store's frames. There are literally thousands in circulation and they are both highly recognized and highly sought-after

Another post . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post565789

The one in your photograph is a particular version. It has both Porsche and AUDI brands, is marked RWB&Co, and would date from the early 1970s

This frame appears to 've been 'restored' at some point --- going by the thick chrome plating, especially on the lettering in the lower front rocker . . . which has blunted some of the crispness of the frame = hurts the value

In this condition, I'd guess the value between $5-700 at a swap meet, but up to $8-900 on eBay

We Can Be Heroes

Thank you for your helpful and informative reply. I was at the Carlise (PA) fall swap meet on Friday and came across a vendor with boxes of license plate frames. This is NOT an import crowd, and virtually all the boxes were full of domestic car dealership frames...then I found a small box of import frames. I thumbed through it and found this nugget....I was most happy to pay his full asking price of $25.00....yippee! I just finished my 72 'hot rod' so perhaps the perfect frame for her!

Great price! . . .

. . . + interesting to see this frame found so far afield

If you wanted to improve the appearance/accuracy of the frame, then paint all the lettering a semi-matte white

Don't 'brush' the paint on --- use a sponge-type roller . . . and it'll really pop

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Vasek Polak's dealership was selling Porsches for ~40 years and there are numerous versions of the store's frames. There are literally thousands in circulation and they are both highly recognized and highly sought-after

Another post . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post565789

The one in your photograph is a particular version. It has both Porsche and AUDI brands, is marked RWB&Co, and would date from the early 1970s

This frame appears to 've been 'restored' at some point --- going by the thick chrome plating, especially on the lettering in the lower front rocker . . . which has blunted some of the crispness of the frame = hurts the value

In this condition, I'd guess the value between $5-700 at a swap meet, but up to $8-900 on eBay

A close up photo would for sure show this plate was restored and looks poorly done in my opinion. The black paint is on top of many of the letters.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    A close up photo would for sure show this plate was restored and looks poorly done in my opinion. The black paint is on top of many of the letters.
    Perhaps, but I'm still way ahead with my investment of only $25.00

Does anyone have a good source for restoration of these old license plate frames? I have a quite blistered one from Mozart Porsche that was the selling dealer for my car. However, I would rather keep it in 'unrestored' compared to 'poorly restored' condition.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    It appears you just can't get enough of Pennsylvania
    Yes sir....and heading back there on Wednesday for the AACA Fall meet at Hershey...now that's a REAL swap meet, car corral, and then AACA show on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    . . . still way ahead with my investment of only $25 . . .
    Hear-hear . . .

. . . + IMO --- a Great Buy . . . even @10x the price

. . . = why we go to Swap Meets!

We Can Be Heroes