Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NOS 914/6, Carrera RS 380mm Steering Wheel

NOS 914/6, Carrera RS 380mm Steering Wheel

Absolutely new old stock. In the Porsche box.

$3,200

Please, contact me directly. Thank you.
    dahearn67@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks used to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk07 View Post
    Looks used to me.
    Not used. Absolutely perfect in every way with absolutely no wear. I am sure it goes on a hub / fixture when the leather is originally stitched if you are looking at the center. Never had a cancellation ring screwed on. Not a nick, scratch or wear mark. The paint is perfect like the leather.
    Last edited by Rennman; 10-07-2019 at 03:45 PM.

RS part number is 914-347-806-10. It’s the only part number I know.

Do you have a closer picture of the leather?

Please contact me directly for any additional questions or images if you are interested in buying the wheel. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by orange911 View Post
    RS part number is 914-347-806-10. It’s the only part number I know.
    Same wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    Same wheel.
    Yes, same wheel and also an RS wheel. The one Don has for sale also has a correct date code for an RS. Some wheels with 805 10 have much later date codes and, therefore, might not have come originally on an RS, although they are of course identical (except for the date code). Want to learn more, see this thread, GLWS.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Wheel-stand-up
    Thanks.
    -Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    Yes, same wheel and also an RS wheel. The one Don has for sale also has a correct date code for an RS. Some wheels with 805 10 have much later date codes and, therefore, might not have come originally on an RS, although they are of course identical (except for the date code). Want to learn more, see this thread, GLWS.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Wheel-stand-up
    Thanks.
    -Allen-
    I think it is important to note that part numbers in the parts manuals or PET , often do not match the part numbers on the actual part.

Regards

Jim

As covered elsewhere in detail 806.10 is the correct part number for RS.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...steering-wheel

Not only that I have doubts 71 date was used on RS although if not an RS wheel part number that point that is moot in RS context

However the just over 300 examples of genuine RS built to end of December were typically X 70 date stamp ( two plus years old) Afaik the RS made on Jan got X/73 dates like Brian's car ( unless my recollection is incorrect). I have not seen every RS with its wheel date obviously but suspect the earliest cars used old X/7O stock and the surprise immediate sell out commercial success triggered need for around 500 plus 500 more on batches with dates aligned to the car date of birth.

Thata why I think are often wrong assumptions on RS steering wheel date stamp. My theory is the old unused 806.10 X/70 dated several year old stock was consumed then they got new ones made to fulfil that demand sometime around early 73, but we may never know that

I say that because and Brian have the rare farhzeug auftrag production build papers for our RS which give the exact date of birth of cars and I believe we both have original steering wheels along with RS only plastic horn push -- a significant pointer to provenance. If so we are pretty definitive data points. We have shared this multiple times .

Prety sure of p/n point less sure of date point. While paper part books do have errors the online PET with supersession etc can be quite misleading in originality; paper ones have the virtue of the best if imperfect contemporary snapshot.

Nice wheel and great NOS so not knocking item just querying the RS claim. Good luck with with the sale. I genuinely hope it fetches what is asked regardless of what it is.

Always happy so see hard evidence to learn of course.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 10-11-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Typo change 906 to 806