Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On the road again...buying parts, cars, etc. Check the map

If Adam or someone else wants to post "their buying trip" details here I have no problem with that. Having Adam come to me to pick through my mfi, early swb and all sorts of other misc stuff would be an honor and I wouldn't have to ship it.

Adam, you have a p.m. from me when you get close to the Cleveland area pls touch base.

Wellborn

Gosh, you know, I read the subject line and somehow was not FORCED to read the thread.

I did read it because I admire how the brothers run their business.

I'm pretty sure vBulletin allows the snowflakes to block posts from people they prefer not to hear from.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    I'm pretty sure vBulletin allows the snowflakes to block posts from people they prefer not to hear from.
    Agreed. That should always be the solution. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    And as far as what I do for the S registry, I can guarantee it far exceeds anything you do.
    Not so sure about that. Some of us are here mainly for technical knowledge (me included in that bunch) and the number of informative posts that Vintage Excellence posts in the Technical section far exceed anything you do. For example I rather know the preferred black paint the pros (like Vintage Excellence or Jim M.) are using for the dash face versus being informed of your tour to buy parts. No offense and this is IMO of course but people are here and add value for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    Not so sure about that. Some of us are here mainly for technical knowledge (me included in that bunch) and the number of informative posts that Vintage Excellence posts in the Technical section far exceed anything you do. For example I rather know the preferred black paint the pros (like Vintage Excellence or Jim M.) are using for the dash face versus being informed of your tour to buy parts. No offense and this is IMO of course but people are here and add value for different reasons.
    Ok, let me be more specific, what I do to further the club, let me make you a list:
    1. For years I've made sure my gift bags at swap meets had a copy of ESSES in them, even paying the postage to get the magazines from California to NY in order to make this happen.
    2. For well over a decade I've written for ESSES for free.
    3. Heck, I even tell people in my signature that they should join the club.

But in terms of technical contributions how about all the times I've posted arcane details of one owner cars so people can see what it really looked like, maybe you missed that too.

I could go on and on but suffice to say that my contributions to this club go far beyond informing you of a buying trip.

In case you need a reminder of one of the one owner cars, how about this 69E, parked in 72. I posted about that one a lot.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Wow, this is the wanted to buy area, not sure if the "input" is worse post Frank due to Fill the Vacuum??
    Clearly a want to buy ad So if your trail swings a bit south into the Asheville area and depending on your schedule I would like to go with your initial post to meet like minded people I would like to offer a spare room some adult beverages and a garage full of cars and parts to chew the fat over not sure I want to sell anything but a good evening for sure. PM on it's way

Regards

Trip is going well, truck is full, trailer is 2/3 full and 2 more days on the road. Thanks to everyone for helping get the word out.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

Great trip! Thanks to everyone I got to stop and hang out with, and the only problem I had was I was running out of room. Some real cool stuff, like a 356 cab cut into sections and some 550 Spyder steel/alloy wheels. But after 2000 miles I'm beat.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where's the long hood stuff

Quote Originally Posted by savagejayj View Post
    Where's the long hood stuff
    Most of the 911 stuff ended being smalls, though I did get a pile of FUCHS.

---Adam