Thread: Cloth horn button and loose steering wheel for momo or abarth

Cloth horn button and loose steering wheel for momo or abarth

Hello. Everyone

I just installed an abarth wheel with mono hub. Now I have a little play in the wheel . My car is a 1972 and all of the threads I found reference 74 + cars, can anyone give some guidance. I did notice that we forgot to reinstall the spring and I will put that in

Also. I would like to cover my horn button with the seat fabric and have searched to see if anyone has done that ? Any ideas?

Thanks for all the contributions to this forum it has really made this build enjoyable

Todd, I think the spring is necessary to locate it properly. Try that first.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

And,,,,spring cup.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Make sure these 2 pieces are installed correctly. Problem solved. I used a Nardi hub for the pictures but your Momo hub is no different in regards to the spring and bushing.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Changing horn button Leather/vinyl

Some years ago I made a simple press to form the needed support horn button dome - to which the vinyl/leather can be attached.

Pressed a couple button domes from Aluminum and glued the leather to it.

The combined thickness of the leather and the dome needs to be equal to the Mfg plastic piece. Note the notch at the 5 o'clock position.

Good luck with the vinyl of your choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Todd, for the horn button I might be able to help you out. I've done several customs horn button jobs though in leather usually. If you can message me through Instagram that would be easiest. Username there is _more_momo.
    If you dont have Instagram, you can PM me here. Please include a pic of the fabric. I do assume you need that piece as the center of a momo horn, right?
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Toddlaunchbaugh View Post
    Also. I would like to cover my horn button with the seat fabric and have searched to see if anyone has done that ? Any ideas?
    Happened to stumble upon this thread again, thought i'd share the outcome.

Name:  20200306_085214.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  228.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20200306-084820_Instagram.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  98.0 KB
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look