Thread: 1967 911 - Rear engine compartment seals

1967 911 - Rear engine compartment seals

I'm replacing the rubber engine compartment seals after a 2 year restoration. I've got the new rubber but don't remember how the old rubber was placed. There are 2 seal pieces, 1 short one across the front section and 1 long section that goes on both sides and rear sections. The rubber has 2 lips which go on each side of the engine cowling. The short one has a shorter cut out and long one has a much longer cut out. My question is which side of the car do the cut-out go and do they face up or down? Someone told me they thought both go on the driver side, facing up, but he was not sure. I've attached a photo of the seals.

Thanks,
    Don Name:  20191016_144923 (Small).jpg
Views: 199
Size:  108.8 KB

You have a new generic rubber seal , not really for a '67 . International Mercantile sells the correct rubber . For the long piece the cut-out faces down and is on the right . The cut-out faces up on the front piece .
    Last edited by Richy; 10-17-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Does the I.M. seal have the molded corners?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

No , so it's a compromise as to which to use .