Thread: Porsche factory silver paint codes

Porsche factory silver paint codes

Can anyone point me in the right direction for factory silver paint codes / options for a 911 and a 356. Looking for options to paint my 68 t/r rep.

I particulary like GT silver which was used on one of the more recent emory 356 builds.

Cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Not sure what Rod uses, but the silver color used for the outside body of the Martini RSR factory race cars is said to be Porsche color 6206 ‘Silver metallic’, a Glasurit single-stage urethane silver.
    it seems to have a bit of a golden hue which I personally really like.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Thanks Patrick, metalic silver was my original choice and one i may end up selecting.

Can anyone provide details of the correct porsche paint code for GT Silver?

Cheers
    Mark

Not an easy question to answer, unfortunately. Porsche made bodies themselves and at Karmann, and codes often differed for the same color depending on where the body was made - and even differed depending on the individual paint supplier.

- Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

6206 is an original 356B color. My 67 deLuxe was painted with 6206. I found the code # while looking thru a 356 reference book! It is a pretty silver metallic. .....cliff
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Hi Cliff

Thanks for the post, are you able to share pictures of your car.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark111 View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for factory silver paint codes / options for a 911 and a 356. Looking for options to paint my 68 t/r rep.

I particulary like GT silver which was used on one of the more recent emory 356 builds.

Cheers
    Mark
    It's my understanding that a difference between an early 356 and a 68 911/912 silver is the size of the flake, a 356 has a very tiny flake.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Quote Originally Posted by Mark111 View Post
    Hi Cliff

Thanks for the post, are you able to share pictures of your car.

Thanks
    My car is presently painted red of some sort! My kardex says originally it was 6206 and there are a few places where the silver is showing....go with 6206, its beautiful....cliff
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.