Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1971 911S seats (tilt & sliders)... not fitting

1971 911S SPORT SEATS (tilt & sliders)... not fitting

Hi Guys! I know this should be super simple.... but somethings not adding up.
    I've got a 1971 that I'm putting sport seat into.

1). Attached is a photo of the black mounts (that are bolted to my floor) to accept the seats with the tilt & sliding mechanisms.
    2). Attached is a photo of the tilt & slider assembly.
    Why will my seat sliders not bolt up to the black mounts that are bolted to my floor?

FYI: When the tilt & slider mechanism is bolted to the seat, and I place the seat into the car and onto the black mount (that is bolted to the floor) my slider mechanism is slightly too wide to match up to the floor mounts (by about 1/2 inch).

ALSO... when I attempt to bolt my seat sliders to the floor mounting bracket, the slider on my seats are pretty short, compared to my black floor mounting brackets. The holes don't line up, to bolt the the slider to the floor mounting bracket.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? ;o) Does anyone have pictures of how things should look? Do I have the wrong tilt/sliders for my '71?
    Do I have the wrong floor mounting brackets?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Nickm; 11-04-2019 at 03:25 PM.

I think you are trying to put seats for a G bodied 911(74 and later) into a F bodied car (69 thru 73) car. You need a pair or very simple adaptors like the ones in my car. Once you get them installed correctly, don’t let your passengers spill coffee on your brand new seats, though.

Jim

Jim

Is that where the term " Cars and Coffee" came from?

that tilt mechanism doesn't look like anything I've seen fitted in a Porsche before, between the hydraulic lift strut, to the toothed slider lock, it just seems wrong.

Show us the seats that are going in.

often, a pair of sliders is al you need, but as Jim said, sometimes a set of brackets will do the trick. In the past I had a set of wedge engineering brackets that worked

https://wedgebrackets.com/porsche-91...-brackets.html

but there are plenty of others....a local race shop might help, and some standard sliders, or those from a slightly later car, depending on what the seats are

https://www.plantedtechnology.com/pl...eft-right.html

here's a set of wedge brackets and sliders that might help

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ompressor.html

and these sliders are what I've used most often when fitting various seats in various cars

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...t-bracket.html
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Please post more pictures of the home made junkyard joe tilts you have as I would like to give the builder an award for amazing effort but also an award for not giving up when clearly he should have gave up. Those can’t remotely be called sport seat parts and I would never put anything like that in an S. Did you get a really good deal? Totally home made brackets and poorly made too, that’s why it doesn’t fit.

Wow. Wasn't expecting that last comment.

I guess it would have made it easier if I would have also posted a few photos of the seats, yesterday.
    So you could get a look at the seats... not just the slider/tilt mechanism.

There's what the seats look like with it removed.

THIS SHORT VIDEO.... might show things MUCH better.

https://youtu.be/piIU0XVmqd8

I removed the slider from the tilting bracket... which no doubt, did not belong on the tilting bracket.
    It was not a Porsche slider.

*Anybody have nice phots of their seats out of the car?
    Last edited by Nickm; 11-05-2019 at 10:55 AM.

A few photos with tilt assembly on the bottom of the seats.